My Candy White Leon FR Tdi Progress Thread * Map tweak 25/09/10*

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
I thought it was about time i did a running commentary on the mods that have taken place over this last while.

For those of you that haven't seen, here are a few of the car the way she came from the dealer

P7210027.jpg

P7210032.jpg

P7210022.jpg

P7210036.jpg

Before i picked the car up i had the following done

- FR grey wing mirror caps removed, replaced with Cupra gloss black
- FR chrome front grill removed, replaced with Cupra gloss black grill
- FR front bumper colour coded number plate panel and bottom centre section resprayed in gloss black, Cupra style.

First modification was number plates off
001.jpg

Spanish plates fitted
P1010019.jpg

P1010020.jpg

These soon got removed again as they attracted the wrong attention and i was told to remove...

Next on the list was a set of HID's, 6000k
P1010081.jpg

These were the first set which turned out not to work so well so were replaced with a better set of H7R ones, specifically designed for reflector headlamps so as not to cause glare.

Around about the same time, i removed the standard side repeaters and replaced them with clear ones, also changing the orange bulbs for chrome ones which only flash orange... to give it a more cleaner look from the side.

Moving on, having had a chat with a fellow FR driver one night in the town (nice yellow one) it came to my attention that the b & c pillars of the FR's and the Cupra's are different. Mine having been the crappy looking rough plastic ones and the Cupra having tasteful gloss black ones, i soon sourced myself a set and with the help of a mate, fitted these.
DSC00318.jpg

DSC00319.jpg

Supplied by David at SERE Motors, Belfast and were the final addition to complete the Cupra look.

Last edited:

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
By this stage i had also ordered and fitted a couple of SEATCUPRA.NET interior vinyls/stickers and opted to place them here, one on either side.
DSC00325.jpg

nice and subtle i thought.

Now since i was happy with the exterior at this point, i started thinking about what i could do to spice up the interior. I came up with a few ideas...
DSC00323.jpg

DSC00324.jpg

chrome dial and vent surrounds, which i think should have been a factory fit.
DSC00321-1.jpg

footpedals from a MK5 Golf Gti and footrest was sourced from Ebay

After having a look round a few cars on show at Ballee a while back, i noticed a few cars, a white clio sport in particular, had changed their boring, ugly, orange front indicator bulbs to very eye catching sort of multi-coloured ones. Onto powerbulbs i went and ordered me some of these
DSC00332.jpg

They are Osram Diadem's. Although i am not 100% sure they are the same as i seen, they remove the fried-egg look from the front of the car so i'm happy. (plus the way my headlamps are designed the bulb is almost completely blurred out anyway :)

Browsing on SEATCUPRA.NET day in, day out (in work, sshhh...) had me buying and fitting a set of sill-guards next. Rolling with the black and white theme i decided carbon fibre would be a nice touch. To top it off i got onto Ebay again and had a few white decals made up to add to them. here is the outcome...
DSC00311.jpg

DSC00312.jpg

DSC00313.jpg

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
Now for the most recent addition, my most expensive mod yet, but worth the money. Full coilover kit fitted.

Standard suspension
P1010072.jpg

Coilovers
DSC00316.jpg

DSC00328.jpg

DSC00330.jpg

So thats how she sits at the minute, could do with a bit more of a drop at the front but other than that im reallly happy with the outcome!

now for a few quick photoshoot shots with my gf's Corsa and my Mini
DSC00272.jpg

DSC00268.jpg

DSC00273.jpg

DSC00334.jpg

DSC00335.jpg

alimcb1981

I have a Luna Grey Fr and I have done nothing to it since I got it as my funds were light!!! I've saved a bit now and want to do a few mods. Your car looks class, brilliant job and a credit to you. I've got a couple of questions for you if you don't mind. Where did you buy the foot pedals/rest etc and how much did they cost and also how much did you pay for the b&c pillars and do you have any contact information for David a Sere? Cheers in advance.

Deleted member 13581

Looks good. Nice mods so far.

Just needs to be a little lower at the front or that back raised a bit.

rompetangas

nice fr, good changes
although the mini... I love it! Congratulations you have it beautiful. :drool:

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
what a gorgeous car, i love the candy white, such a great colour

love the interior mods too, especially the seal guards

i'm jealous *drools*

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
I have a Luna Grey Fr and I have done nothing to it since I got it as my funds were light!!! I've saved a bit now and want to do a few mods. Your car looks class, brilliant job and a credit to you. I've got a couple of questions for you if you don't mind. Where did you buy the foot pedals/rest etc and how much did they cost and also how much did you pay for the b&c pillars and do you have any contact information for David a Sere? Cheers in advance.

i bought the pedals off a fella locally that was breaking a Gti Golf. The footrest was bought from the Bay of E. I cant honestly remember how much i paid for the pedals but the footrest was £25 iirc. B&C pillars again i cant quite remember a figure off hand but give David a ring and he will sort you out! 02890 205 115. Thanks for the comments and good luck with the modding! ;)

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
Looks good. Nice mods so far.

Just needs to be a little lower at the front or that back raised a bit.

All sorted out. The back adjusters were completely left out in the beginning and when i tried to level it out by lowering the front, she started to rub :cry:

In the end i had the back adjusters put in that the rear raised up to level out with the front which hasn't rubbed since... so far, so good! :D

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Car looks ace

im thinking about getting a new FR CR TDI , in candy white naturally , i will be fitting black mirrors, cupra grill and Black cupra wheels

is that rear spoiler standard? looks like the BTCC / K1 one?

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
Car looks ace

im thinking about getting a new FR CR TDI , in candy white naturally , i will be fitting black mirrors, cupra grill and Black cupra wheels

is that rear spoiler standard? looks like the BTCC / K1 one?

Yes mate that is the spoiler from the BTCC, as far as i know it is not a direct fitment on the facelift MK2, they have there own design, but i think it looks good, you should go for it!

CupraCol

decals

Hi m8, your car looks brill, what type of decals dod you opt for

Think my red one could benefit from them

Cheers

Col

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I pick my red one up on 30th Dec (21st bday) :)

Its got Black BTCC Wheels already and Mirrors and Grill are on there way :)

can you send me details of where you got your HID's from because my ibiza HID's arent Can-Bus compatible have you got LED Sidelights aswell?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.