cracked sump

del 77

Hi ya all. just noticed i've got a crack in my sump pan, which is slightly leaking oil out. I've been on euro car parts and they do 2 types of sump pan. One has a sensor hole in it, the other doesnt. the difference in price goes from 95 qiud to 45 quid. Ive got a 2001 cupra AUQ engine. does anyone know which one i need. cheers.

ashley600

Jan 19, 2009
leicester
just had my 03 lc AUQ sump replaced due to knackered threads on the plug it was the one with the sensor hole sods law 95 quid

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
You could always jack the car up and have a look :)

I think it's only LCR's that have the oil temperature/level sensor in the bottom of the sump, but it isn't difficult to spot. What car do you have?

swilky23

Jul 3, 2008
rochdale
Hi ya all. just noticed i've got a crack in my sump pan, which is slightly leaking oil out. I've been on euro car parts and they do 2 types of sump pan. One has a sensor hole in it, the other doesnt. the difference in price goes from 95 qiud to 45 quid. Ive got a 2001 cupra AUQ engine. does anyone know which one i need. cheers.

If you can get it off an clean it up I will weld it for you I work in oldham(shaw)

swilky23

Jul 3, 2008
rochdale
Yeah then just take it off show me what you want welding and ill sort it ill pm you my number so you can text/ring when your ready

del 77

If you can get it off an clean it up I will weld it for you I work in oldham(shaw)

cheers for the offer mate, got it fixed now, luckilky mine was the 45 quid sump, the one with the sensor hole so just bought a new one and fitted it.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise