Over Reving When Changing Gear???

KingAnt

CLue Less
Sep 18, 2009
London
Hi guys

When i am booting the car (and to be honest even when im just driving) and go to change gear i take my foot of the throttle and on the clutch when i do this the revs rise about 500rpm hold there 1 sec and then fall???? My epc light is on as well so was wondering if anybody has had this and any thoughts to what it could be, i was thinking maybe the epc light has something to do with it then started to think about the clutch as im prob running near damm it to 200bhp on the standard clutch (which bites in after lifting it about 1inch up!!??)

Thanks everybody

Ant

Jul 4, 2007
bristol
have you checked that clutch peddle switch is in mine comes out all the time and throws a epc. might be worth a look. its a white and purple plug.

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
does your clutch slip at all?

i have the exact same problem, as well as a high bite point and clutch slipping

having the clutch done tomorrow so can let you know if it solves it (which im sure it will) ;)

this over revving problem is caused by the clutch switch not being plugged in or its faulty iirc

Last edited:

andy_tratter

Sep 17, 2008
Near JabbaSport ;)
mine does it too, only when im booting it, and only when im changing gear above 4.5K, fine during normal driving. could just be the engines momentum holding the revs breifly.

Dec 13, 2006
Ashford, Middx
I had this problem briefly. Would generally be when the car was cold, changing gear, no throttle and the revs were on the up :shrug:

Also had trouble starting aswell sometimes, i exchanged my maf as it was only a few months old and hey presto problem solved.

KingAnt

CLue Less
Sep 18, 2009
London
Ant my freind clutch pedal switch happens to me:p

Aright davy boy lol yh thanks fella i think that sounds right AMD did say this could be 1 thing causing it and there are a fair few others on this thread saying clutch switch, its deffo not my driving as it happens when im crusin normal and also it cannot be sub consious as i noticed it the minute i drove it for the 1st time, dave can you tell me how i replace the clutch switch and were it is (either here or pm me)

thanks to everybody who gave there advice on this.

cheers guys a great help - i was starting to worry hope it works and my epc light goes out, look forward to hearing from you soon dave

Ant :funk:

KingAnt

CLue Less
Sep 18, 2009
London
does your clutch slip at all?

i have the exact same problem, as well as a high bite point and clutch slipping

having the clutch done tomorrow so can let you know if it solves it (which im sure it will) ;)

this over revving problem is caused by the clutch switch not being plugged in or its faulty iirc

Hi berg, thanks for your help but no the clutch does not slip at all holds really well, after reading all your advice etc im thinking it is the clutch switch.

thanks again mate

daves ibiza

i had this problem when i come from rr day becayse my cd player is down under steering wheel they hda to take it all out to plug into port. look at clutch pedaal mate its a white switch its screws in check to see if loose or come out like mine hope you get it sorted bud

KingAnt

CLue Less
Sep 18, 2009
London
i had this problem when i come from rr day becayse my cd player is down under steering wheel they hda to take it all out to plug into port. look at clutch pedaal mate its a white switch its screws in check to see if loose or come out like mine hope you get it sorted bud

hi dave, so its a white switch, were will i find it mate??:clap:

Jul 4, 2007
bristol
take the fuse box cover off on the left hand side follow the clutch up will you see a white and purple switch poke it back in job done!

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
There are a few threads on this, searching will bring it up, there is one in particular that shows the location f the switch with pics. Will try and hunt it down

KingAnt

CLue Less
Sep 18, 2009
London
There are a few threads on this, searching will bring it up, there is one in particular that shows the location f the switch with pics. Will try and hunt it down

thanks mate, sorry i didnt make it monday how did you get on, i will be back down to amd very soon to get my new gauges and pilla pods fitted and poss guna buy the dual port turbosmart dv so they will be doing that aswell.

thanks mate

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.