Leon Cupra 2010 Build

joffers111

Help!!!

Just ordered a new Cupra

Can anybody tell me if they have changed the fuel pump configuration, people have posted in the past concerning wear on the cam shaft?

I noticed that the engine has lower emissions than the previous model, so has the engine been updated and will this effect the superchips remap?

:shrug:

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Help!!!

Just ordered a new Cupra

Can anybody tell me if they have changed the fuel pump configuration, people have posted in the past concerning wear on the cam shaft?

I noticed that the engine has lower emissions than the previous model, so has the engine been updated and will this effect the superchips remap?

As far as i am aware there are no changes to the fuel pump on the standard Cupra.

The new Cupra R claims to have an uprated fuel pump.
The TSI engine which does not exsist in K04 form yet has a different fuel set up by not running on the cam shaft.
For new emissons it could be a few things , the ecu will probably be different and you will have to check with superchips to see if they have a code available for your car.

joffers111

Any idea what this is refering to????

The intercooler fitted to the new engine delivers its superior performance through greater turbo pressure. As on the 240 hp version, the engine set-up includes a new, high-pressure fuel injection pump to satisfy its greater performance demands, and the ratios on the six-speed gearbox have been specifically adapted.

Anybody got any idea's???

Geoff:confused::confused:

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Any idea what this is refering to????

The intercooler fitted to the new engine delivers its superior performance through greater turbo pressure. As on the 240 hp version, the engine set-up includes a new, high-pressure fuel injection pump to satisfy its greater performance demands, and the ratios on the six-speed gearbox have been specifically adapted.

Anybody got any idea's???

Geoff:confused::confused:

thats the specication of the new Cupra R engine.

Poverty

Help!!!

Just ordered a new Cupra

Still fundamentally the same engine, its the FR which no longer uses a engine with a cam driven pump.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.