LCR - Cracked manifold, how many has experienced this?

May 13, 2007
Denmark
I'm planning on getting my exhaust manifold, turbo, and full exhuast replaced.... And would therefore get a new OEM exhuast manifold...

But, many says, "If it's been remapped, the manifold has cracks, thats for sure.."... "Even unmapped LCR's manifolds has cracks"... I'm therefore interested in hearing how many actually have experienced this?

And not just "I've heard .....blah blah...." Hope the thead make sense!

Last edited:

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
not caused by the same 'crap' engine mount issues the older cars all used to suffer is it ?

May 13, 2007
Denmark
Found those pictures on google

s50031301.jpg

s50031261.jpg

I know for sure some of my heatwrap that goes around my turbo is burnt at the bottom, so my could have a crack excatly the same place as this one

JamJay

California Bound
i got a feeling mine is crack also.. its got a real tinny sound to it.. is there any better alternative ??

The JBS manifold is never going to happen I doubt but INA are looking for someone in Europe to try out their one. I suggest anyone with a cracked one heads over to the INA section and discusses this. I believe they are offering 1yr warranty also so if it's breaks in that time, your covered, you could also help out alot of people in future by finding, finally, a good replacement manifold!