More power from my 1.9TDi 150 leon cupra??

majesty78

Oct 6, 2008
Austria
If you do some headporting you can get about 15percent more flow from a complete headwork. This will better up volumetric efficiency but only lead you as far as the turbine is restrictive in your engine system...

Regards, Alex

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
No cause my laptop doesn't like windows 7 and vagcom at the moment. I will get round to it as I do want to be fully open with logs and what the car is doing.

TDI Tuning is a lot more complex than just turbos and remaps so any information we can gain from this and Alex's input is beneficial for everyone.

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
If you do some headporting you can get about 15percent more flow from a complete headwork. This will better up volumetric efficiency but only lead you as far as the turbine is restrictive in your engine system...

Regards, Alex

so as im gona get my head swapped over with another ,am i better sending it off to be done , (if so where & how much is it likely to cost £££

i plan on going hybrid , so am thinking what work can be done

majesty78

Oct 6, 2008
Austria
its not really worth it on our turbos though. really need a bigger unit with a tubular manifold.

Stock head will flow fine up to 230bhp with acceptable lambda/airmass, so with stock nozzles and a hybrid, john tdi is correct, you wont need to touch the head. (What doesnt mean that you wont gain any benefit from a better flowing head!)

The company who does headporting for me charges about 600€ for complete headwork.

Greets, Alex

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Stock head will flow fine up to 230bhp with acceptable lambda/airmass, so with stock nozzles and a hybrid, john tdi is correct, you wont need to touch the head. (What doesnt mean that you wont gain any benefit from a better flowing head!)

The company who does headporting for me charges about 600€ for complete headwork.

Greets, Alex
Well its about looking at the bigger picture. At some point the car will get changed pistons, rods, injectors, exhaust so the head will need to be flowed.

600 euros is a very good price.

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Well its about looking at the bigger picture. At some point the car will get changed pistons, rods, injectors, exhaust so the head will need to be flowed.

600 euros is a very good price.

Its just the delivery quotes to Austria that scares me... :-o:wtf:

bhodgkiss

has anyone advanced the SOI on the non PD engines with good results? Stock 110bhp AFN Passat engine has 15deg advance at max revs, if the PD's can do 25 deg can the ve engines too? anyone got any proven tuning maps for 110bhp engines please?