Armrest fitting?

Dec 3, 2009
Hi!

I'm thinking about getting the centre armrest fitted to a FR. I was wondering how much would it cost to fit the armrest by the dealer or is it easy to fit yourself? :)

Any pictures would be nice?

munchycarrot

I haven't thought too much about an armrest just yet but there is a thread with a little bit more info :) I can't post a link yet as I don't have enough posts but if you search this forum for armrest it comes up as a post by 'bowie'

WozzaM

Sep 16, 2009
Malta
Why do you want that thing. I had it on mine and got it removed and a cupholder fitted. As you are driving an FR it will only affect you when putting up the hand brake but to anyone driving a manual, tust me, try driving with it first. If you are no taller than a small child then you will have no probs.

Dec 3, 2009
Just got off the phone to the dealer! It costs about £50 for fitting which is like an hour and the armrest cost about £85.... :(

Dec 3, 2009
Yeah i know i aint too happy about that but oh well! I found this armrest on ebay which is made by armster which takes about 15mins to fit it says, it looks good might reupholster it to black cloth and get some red stitching done to it to match the FR interior. :D

Dec 3, 2009
No problem! £140 such a rip!

£79 for this armrest looking at! looks abit chunky but it does the job!

Just getting quotes from the reupholster to check how much it would cost.

WhiteIbizaMan

Hi!

I'm thinking about getting the centre armrest fitted to a FR. I was wondering how much would it cost to fit the armrest by the dealer or is it easy to fit yourself? :)

Any pictures would be nice?

:doh: Noooo! Not the Armrest! Worst accessory on my car. When it's down and level I can't change gear or reach the handbrake, lower it further and I can change gear but can't reach the handbrake..... oh and it's no longer any good as an armrest! Fold it up and back and it's not out of the way so I keep banging my upper arm on it. :censored: useless and £75 + vat to remove. Cupholders on the other hand are useful

Dec 3, 2009
:doh: Noooo! Not the Armrest! Worst accessory on my car. When it's down and level I can't change gear or reach the handbrake, lower it further and I can change gear but can't reach the handbrake..... oh and it's no longer any good as an armrest! Fold it up and back and it's not out of the way so I keep banging my upper arm on it. :censored: useless and £75 + vat to remove. Cupholders on the other hand are useful

hmm i'm not really sure tbh! i would find it comfy seeing as the car is automatic, but might see if the dealer has a car with a armrest on it to check about handbrake. :)

Piston N Broke

May 27, 2009
Banbury Oxon
Horses for courses me thinks!:D

I ordered my arm rest from seat for £85 and fitted it myself [B)], big problems really. I have sort covered this in another post.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=245271

I like because it gives some extra storage and i find it comfortable on the motorway.
Just my opinion. ( I know opinions are like arseholes everybody has one!):-o

By the way my Car is Ibiza TDI Sport 1.9 with a manual gearbox.

Barrie :D

Last edited:

WhiteIbizaMan

Trouble with armrests is that you tend to rest your arm on them! And then when a tyre blows out at speed (70mph max of course!) as happened to me in my Audi 100 on the M42 a few years ago, in the dark, overtaking two lanes of trucks, the steering wheel pulls sharply and your fighting to keep it straight. That's when you find the armrest's in the way!! I had more of an elbow rest in the Audi so it was out of the way. But the Ibiza rest is long and if you're around six foot or more and sit well back ...........

Dec 3, 2009
Trouble with armrests is that you tend to rest your arm on them! And then when a tyre blows out at speed (70mph max of course!) as happened to me in my Audi 100 on the M42 a few years ago, in the dark, overtaking two lanes of trucks, the steering wheel pulls sharply and your fighting to keep it straight. That's when you find the armrest's in the way!! I had more of an elbow rest in the Audi so it was out of the way. But the Ibiza rest is long and if you're around six foot or more and sit well back ...........

oh right oh right calm down! didn't ask for your life story there.... well depends on the person eh i mean i find it comfortable in my cousins car...

WhiteIbizaMan

oh right oh right calm down! didn't ask for your life story there.... well depends on the person eh i mean i find it comfortable in my cousins car...

Ah! I don't think that you're calm enough to have an armrest :p No, you're right, it depends on the person. I just wish that it was easy to remove and then replace when I sell the car :(

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members