Finally Got a Build week

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
The ordering system is back up and running and after an order date of the 31st October the car will be built week 51 and should be delivered to the dealer by the 2nd week of Feb ready for delivery on March 6th.

Hope that helps with those awaiting delivery/build dates ect.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
xmas week???

seat the only car manufacturer on the planet working that week?

i hope so for your sake but id be surprised.

That's what I thought I bet you it get's half way down the line part made and gets finished after xmas, just hope pedro remebers were he left off.........:blink:

tommy_a

Nov 1, 2009
Salford
good stuff !! i ordered my Cupra on the 31st Oct too, and the dealer told me it would be built mid dec and be delivered last week in jan. i really hope thats the case as the wait is killing me !!

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
good stuff !! i ordered my Cupra on the 31st Oct too, and the dealer told me it would be built mid dec and be delivered last week in jan. i really hope thats the case as the wait is killing me !!

Not far off the same build week as us then, although we are not picking up untill after the change of reg with it being delivered so close to March 1st. Just got the Caddy to sell on come begining of Feb!! Looking forward to being back in a sporty Seat afetr a 7 year abscence :D

Sep 3, 2009
Walsall, West Mids
Did the dealer give you the build week info ?

I asked Lloyds Autolease if they could find out what mine was and all they have confirmed is that it should be delivered to the dealers (which i also dont know yet) on the 11th January.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Did the dealer give you the build week info ?

I asked Lloyds Autolease if they could find out what mine was and all they have confirmed is that it should be delivered to the dealers (which i also dont know yet) on the 11th January.

Yes the dealers gave me the date Lloyds autolease just need to ring the supplying dealer to get a build week but if it is the 11th January I expect it is built and awaiting transportation to the UK.

NinjaPirateUK

Alor Blue Leon SC 1.8 TSI
Sep 7, 2009
I spoke to the dealer today to get an update on my FR and it's apparently being built next week and on the boat for delivery mid January.

Interestingly though, he did say that SEAT dont really shut down production over the christmas period, they have the normal days off by the sound of it and work through the rest.

Fingers crossed :)

big_richyt

Just found out mines is build week 51 as well! :D So it should be getting built this week! Not bad for an Oct 16th Order date.

NinjaPirateUK

Sep 7, 2009
Not bad at all really :) My order was in on the 30th of October, so that's looking like a similar timeframe to yours. Did you get a delivery date?

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Not bad at all really :) My order was in on the 30th of October, so that's looking like a similar timeframe to yours. Did you get a delivery date?

We are going for the new March registration with it due at the dealers begining of Feb.

Provisonally we have said Saturday 6th March to pick it up.

big_richyt

No delivery date yet, the dealer is saying third or forth week of January but I think thats wishful thinking on their part ;)

NinjaPirateUK

Sep 7, 2009
We are going for the new March registration with it due at the dealers begining of Feb.

Provisonally we have said Saturday 6th March to pick it up.

Are dealers generally ok with holding onto a car? I was kind of hoping that I would scrape in for the March registration change, as they originally said it would be arriving towards the end of Feb when I ordered.

Not sure they'd store a car for a whole month for me... I'd probably get impatient and just go and fetch it as soon as I could!

Is it worth waiting? I can't imagine it would impact the future value of the car much, its still a 2010 car after all :think:

rich146

Sep 27, 2009
Berkshire
www.reverbnation.com
I think theres a limit to how long a car can stay unregistered once it hits UK soil. Ive just been confirmed build week 1. Not sure what this equates to with delivery but the dealer sounded quite confident that it wouldn't be long enough to have the 2010 reg. I would prefer the 2010 reg I must admit!

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
I think theres a limit to how long a car can stay unregistered once it hits UK soil. Ive just been confirmed build week 1. Not sure what this equates to with delivery but the dealer sounded quite confident that it wouldn't be long enough to have the 2010 reg. I would prefer the 2010 reg I must admit!

Bizzarly there is no limit some Rovers sat around for a few years before being registered. Was it a Mastero that sat for 10 years before being registered? A dealer will always hold a car for a reg change unless your deal dictated otherwise.

The last car we ordered was a 118d SE with a few special offer options (adaptive Xenons £320, Cruise F/R PDC, extra storgae £200, 17" Alloys sports seats and M SPort suspension £320!! ). we ordered it in May was delivered to the dealer eary August and we picked it up the first week of September again at out request.

The reason for going for the newer registration for us is residual by waiting a couple of weeks the car will be worth £250-£300 more. Just said I wanted March delivery at the point of order.

NinjaPirateUK

Sep 7, 2009
A dealer will always hold a car for a reg change unless your deal dictated otherwise.

I didnt negotiate any kind of delivery timeframe when it was ordered as it came through a broker :( The broker did say I had to take the car within 2 weeks of it being delivered into the dealer, although there wasnt anything on the paperwork that came though...

Got a few weeks of training coming up in February so if its not here by the end of January it might be March before I can collect it anyway...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.