Fitment of 7.5" Rim with ET42

mark.pt

I have been offered a set of secondhand alloys and wanted to confirm fitment onto my Leon Sport 20vT

Car is standard height and no modifications

The wheels are 18" with 7.5" wide rim

Tyres fitted are 225/40/18

Was a bit concerned as most people specify 33-38 offset and wanted to make sure these would fit without any clearance / handling problems.

Thanks Mark

mark.pt

Not sure what the std LCR is.

Can we confirm fitment of these or does the LCR rims fit.

The larger positive Offset will move the rim into the wheel arch by 4mm (if the OEM LCR wheel is ET38 7.5J, I can't recall off the top of my head?)

As you don't have Brembo's on your Sport, I don't think you should have probs clearing the brakes unless anyone cares to comment? If there is a chance of fouling any suspension/brake components a small spacer should work.

Last edited:

mark.pt

Anymore info as the guys needs an answer today whether I plan to buy the wheels.

mark.pt

The Audi S3 is 7.5" with a offset of ET45.

Has anyone fitted these before ?

mark.pt

Yes the S3 is 17" with ET45.

Just wondered if anyone had fitted these and if spacers were needed.

Mr OCD

May 1, 2008
Manchester, UK
I have been offered a set of secondhand alloys and wanted to confirm fitment onto my Leon Sport 20vT

Car is standard height and no modifications

The wheels are 18" with 7.5" wide rim

Tyres fitted are 225/40/18

Was a bit concerned as most people specify 33-38 offset and wanted to make sure these would fit without any clearance / handling problems.

Thanks Mark

Will fit fine... use a 5mm spacer if have any problems with tyre rubbing struts.

mark.pt

5mm spacers would bring the offset to 37.

From what I've read this should be ok but please check for yourself in case I'm wrong.

mark.pt

No I didn'y buy the wheels in the end.

Looking for some starfish alloys instead now.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise