Unleaded or Super for Revo stage 1 Cupra

Snowsurfer

Dec 23, 2008
Up untill now ive run my cupra on normal unleaded, but im getting a stage 1 Revo done next week and was asked what fuel type i use or will use with it. Never really thought about it before and was just looking for opions. I realise the Super is more money etc, but will i loose much by not using it ? I use my car everyday and fill up once a week so havnt really looked into the additonal cost of using Super yet.

Poverty

I lost about 13bhp between v power and a lesser fuel. Dynoed on a different day though.

Just use v power all the time mate, the car feels much better for it after a remap.

Without a map id just stick with the cheap stuff

R 20vt J

Ross Jamieson
Mar 29, 2007
Irvine, Scotland
I have always used v power, tried bp ultimate but really didn't like it and its dearer. Put a full tank of t99 from tesco as i was told it is good! Seems fine and its cheap.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
This has been asked loads of times. Not sure why someone would spend near £600 on a remap and then restrict it by running basic fuel though :confused:

Also, if you are running unleaded on Revo, you should probably look to adjust timing downward to suit (makes the car slower and keeps the engine a little safer).

Al

Aug 29, 2005
V Power at every fill right from the day I collected her with the exception of one tank of BP 102 and a fivers worth of BP Ultimate or Tesco 99 as a stop gap :)

V Power points are handy :)

lukecupra2001

Smoogie And Proud
Jul 25, 2005
middlesbrough
when you work the difference out its about an extra £4 on 60litres of fuel,give or take.
When i worked in a Shell garage i worked it out for a guy in an V8 S4 and he didnt realise was that little,he swears by it now and he says car changed completely half way through his first tank of V-Power.

luke.

R 20vt J

Ross Jamieson
Mar 29, 2007
Irvine, Scotland
True! I get my mates to use my card when they fill up because they dont have one lol

I have had to put a couple of fivers of bp ultimate in mine because the closest shell is 9 miles away

betts

chasing horses
May 22, 2009
nottingham
I always use tesco 99 as its just round the corner as for v power ive never tried it but compared to normal unleaded the car seems to run better and alot more eager,dont use normal fuel id rather spend 5p a litre extra its worth it

Rickst3r

Cupra K1...
Dec 13, 2009
Falkirk, Central Scotland
I will be using Tesco Super 99 RON as it's availeble just about everywhere.

I tried V-Power when I had my RS Focus Mk1, but didn't like it. It didn't make the car any more responsive than the Tesco stuff, plus the car chewed through V-Power at a hell of a rate.

I remember a guy on the RS forum who said that there is another factor when looking at fuel which is to do with how effiecently the fuel burns. V-Power was not particullary good, whereas Tesco Super and BP Ultimate have much higher burn rate effiecencies.

Cupraken

Southwest Stealth
Apr 10, 2009
Street, Somerset
I lost about 13bhp between v power and a lesser fuel. Dynoed on a different day though.

Just use v power all the time mate, the car feels much better for it after a remap.

Without a map id just stick with the cheap stuff
Hey Pov, did you get your problems sorted and a dyno run yet? If so how was it!

Poverty

Hey Pov, did you get your problems sorted and a dyno run yet? If so how was it!

Not been on dynodynamics rollers yet.

Intermitent running issues have disappeared

Car is due in the bodyshop after the new year for some repair and upgrades, then possibly to amd for chassis mods, then once that is done I will stick it on my local dyno dynamics rollers and see what she makes. Will let you know when it happens.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.