Fitting of phenolic intake manifold gasket

Oct 2, 2006
Right to anybody who has fitted one of these, I have fitted mine and due to the larger thickness of the gasket, I cannot get the allen key bolt back into the stabiliser/ intake manifold support bracket, does it matter? I may be pissing in the wind here without any pictures tho lol cheers.

PS. forgot to mention its a 034 Motorsport item.

tommy2008cupra

no you cant get it back on mate because the gasket is 10mm and raises it to high, had mine on for a month or so now with no problems

tommy2008cupra

ye same mate i guess proper test will be when/if it gets warmer again lol

tommy2008cupra

i guess they could but i think it is just mainly to keep inlet mani cool and stop the timing being pulled back by the sensor in inlet mani,also to keep air cooler going into the block

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Yeh, cars loving the cold weather at the mo. Get such a nice induction sound with all this nice fresh cold air getting sucked up.

Definatly going to have to invest in one of these before the summer comes along!

Oct 2, 2006
I know what you mean and I am sure my recirculating D/V sounds alot crisper sounding almost in the cold weather. You may as well put one on Cupramillo especially as your going hybrid soon any gains to be had will help when Bill maps it. You lucky sod :lol:

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Very ture, anything to keep temps down. Shame i missed out on the GB mon these. Thought id finished buying parts but nope! Still need, engine mounts, bigger jetex filter, forge boost controller and now on of these...GREAT!

Be sure to post up results when you get yours fitted bud!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.