SCN is on Twitter

Dajmin

Anyone following someone good/funny/odd or of particular interest?[/B]
@StephenFry is always worth following, you get some good stuff from his treks around the world. But then again he has gone into hiding to write his autobiography so I don't know if he'll be around for a while.

@Wossy is usually pretty funny, you get a lot of pics of him doing random stuff.

@Bobbyllew is a good one to follow, especially if you don't already watch Carpool.

@SimonPegg makes some funny posts.

And you should all follow @auto since they plan on giving away a free Tesla Model S to a random follower if they ever become the #1 ranked user.

Oh, and you should check @AlbanyDown for up to date into on a particularly awesome UK rock band ;)

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
never used twitter.....yet.....

looking at the SCN twitter link you posted, does that twitter page just show the latest posts on the SCN forum..... a bit like pressing the "new posts" button at the top below the banner? :shrug:

Dajmin

No, the Twitter feed will link to the SCN news stories but only from whoever creates the thread, not our random posts across the forum.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Each section of the forum has its own independent RSS feed too. So if you just wanted to follow posts in a certain area of interest you can do.

For example this is the feed for the Leon Mk2 section - feed://www.seatcupra.net/forums/external.php?type=RSS2&forumids=136

Each forum section has an ID number. This is the normal direct address for the Ibiza Mk4 section - http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97

You can use the same RSS link as above for the Leon Mk2 section just replace the last digit with 97

feed://www.seatcupra.net/forums/external.php?type=RSS2&forumids=97

You will have to visit the sections of interest to discover their ID numbers, as I don't have time at the moment to list them all. :D

If you use Firefox or Safari you can access and subscribe to the feeds by clicking on the RSS logo in the url input bar at the top of an open page.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
so essentially, its not showing anymore information than you'd get from pressing the "new posts" button at the top of the forum page? :shrug:

The RSS feed doesn't list every new post its pulling in thread feeds only. So if a new post is put in a thread that was already in the feed it won't do a new tweet or a new feed for it.

Twitter is followed all over the world and it generates traffic for the site and also means SCN hits more search engines too. Its a traffic propagating tool more than anything at the moment, in time we might use it for more things.

Its not compulsory or anything, just another tool that the site and forum benefits from. ;)

As I spelt out earlier in the thread, the forum itself is our priority and that is where the focus of the site is. But if Facebook and Twitter give us a means to get the forum content out into the wider world then we'll make use of it.

EmDee

Omnishambolic
Nice concise explanation Z, we all tend to lose focus on the bigger picture sometimes. I use all sorts of social media and bookmarking sites all the time for my work and when you're so deeply immersed in it you can sometimes have difficulty explaining to people why you're doing it in the first place!

I have grown to like Twitter, but I would never have started using it if I didn't have a business objective to begin with.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I use it personally on my own account @SCN_ZBOYD I prefer it to Facebook, for sharing the odd little pearls of wisdom or sharing something of interest.

But I'm not a prolific user, I don't tend to share the fact I just went to the drinks machine for a coffee for instance. :D

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
No, you do it on here! :cartman:

;)

brew_time.jpg

Captions welcome, but remember I have the power to ban you. :cartman:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.