My new Ibiza FR TSI DSG !!

vtxracer

Jul 25, 2009
Greece
Thanks. 2-3 yeas ago i would never consider geting a white car but since i saw that all new cars are beautiful in white, i decided to get one.

This morning, i went to my dealer. A customer was already there and was looking at a black FR that was in the showroom. He told he was interested in the specific car and would order it in 2-3 weeks. But, when he got out, he saw my car and started looking at it and 5 mins after that he got back inside the showroom and ordered one in white !!

Last edited:

joop200789

Jul 5, 2009
Barnsly
Thnaks. 2-3 yeas ago i would never consider geting a white car but since i saw that all new cars are beautiful in white, i decided to get one.

i agree the new whites are sooooooo nice,can you remneber the first mondeos in white they look yellow now compared to yours

vtxracer

Jul 25, 2009
Greece
The image hosting site i was using was shut down. So i uploaded some pics again.

And here is my top speed. It was downhill and i was following an other car. Normaly, it goes up to 230km/h

Last edited:

collegeboy09

Moving along with 215bhp
Sep 18, 2009
Northants
Hi vtxracer

I was just wondering how your were getting on with your car, Im really looking forward to my fr. I'm just a bit apprehensive after all the problems are having. Have you had any?

Also I don't suppose you've got any other photos than the ones on here. I'm getting a candy white 1 too so just want to know what i'm getting

cheers in advance

vtxracer

Jul 25, 2009
Greece
Hi vtxracer

I was just wondering how your were getting on with your car, Im really looking forward to my fr. I'm just a bit apprehensive after all the problems are having. Have you had any?

Also I don't suppose you've got any other photos than the ones on here. I'm getting a candy white 1 too so just want to know what i'm getting

cheers in advance

Hi !
The car is excellent. I did not have any problems. Only one unimportant problem when i got it, but it was fixed within 5 minutes (just an annoying noise).
I read about many problems in this forum. In greek forums there are no problems at all with the mk5 ibiza. ( as all of them refer to diesel engines)
I do not have more photos. Did you see the pics i uploaded at the last page ? If you want something specific, just tell me and i will take some pictures.
I hope you get yours as soon as possible !! :D

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
How you getting on with the DSG now you've spent some time with it?

Are you enjoying it or are you finding 7 gears too much?

vtxracer

Jul 25, 2009
Greece
How you getting on with the DSG now you've spent some time with it?

Are you enjoying it or are you finding 7 gears too much?

Dsg is now fully adjusted to my driving style. It changes gears very smooth and it is very relaxing in traffic. When i want to enjoy the car i use the paddles, gears are short but you get easily used to it.
Having 7 gears is good as you can use all the power from this engine and travel quiet (200km/h with 4100rpm)

leynard84

Does anybody know if i can get the white screen and speedo for my 1.6 ??? They look way better that the red ones

mwatson16

same as mine.

Hi mate, can you please tell what mpg you are getting, and what you fuel rang says when u fill up??, i have had mine for about 2 and a half months and done 1000 miles, i filled up today full tank 47 pounds at 108.9 and the range is only saying 210 miles left, and im getting about 25mpg, are you havin the same probs?? apart from that the car is sweet??

Matt.

mwatson16

Hi mate, can you please tell what mpg you are getting, and what you fuel rang says when u fill up??, i have had mine for about 2 and a half months and done 1000 miles, i filled up today full tank 47 pounds at 108.9 and the range is only saying 210 miles left, and im getting about 25mpg, are you havin the same probs?? apart from that the car is sweet??

Matt. can u answer my question above mate??

mwatson16

im loving it mate, just the mpg is crap the mo, ive done a 1000 miles and im only getting around 25mpg, ive spoken to the dealer and they rekon i need to give it at least 1500 to bed in?? i filled up today and at asda at 108.9, 46 pound and the range said 210 miles, al though the tanks full, i keep getting this do u??

alexfr10

Jan 8, 2010
Llandudno, North Wales

Matt.

mine did exactly the same (47 pounds at 108.9). only it went up to about 260miles. stayed on 260 for a good while and is now dropping rapidly! not looked at mpg but will do and post tomorrow.

alexfr10 :starwars:

mwatson16

sound mate, how long or how many miles did it stay at this for?? also how may miles u done?? for a 1.4 we should be getting more?? on the website specks its about 35mpg around town and 50 extra urban, its costin me a bomb?? ok at first i was rapping it around but for the last month been taking it easy:wtf:

vtxracer

Jul 25, 2009
Greece
On the highway i get 6.5-7 L/100 (about 45mpg) at 120-130kmh. In the city, in traffic more than 10-11L/100(about 25 mpg). If you don't drive aggresively and maintain a certain speed the range is very good. (I have traveled up to 480km on a sigle fuel tank)

alexfr10

Jan 8, 2010
Llandudno, North Wales
sound mate, how long or how many miles did it stay at this for?? also how may miles u done?? for a 1.4 we should be getting more?? on the website specks its about 35mpg around town and 50 extra urban, its costin me a bomb?? ok at first i was rapping it around but for the last month been taking it easy:wtf:

Mines done just shy of 800 miles so far, getting about the same - ave 26 ish mpg, it stayed on 260 for abot 40 miles then has dipped really quickly. only done 15 miles and it has dipped by 45!!! I was thinking the same as what your dealer said. wait until i've done around 1500 and see if there is improvement. hope there is. i convinced my wife that it would be pretty good on fuel. lmao.

alexfr10 :starwars:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.