Boot build help!

rich3001

Mar 9, 2009
Hi. Hope im posting this in the right place. Im after some help on a boot build. I have had my sub + amp wired in for about 6 months, but the box takes up about half of the boot and i now need space for tools ect. I was thinking along the lines of a false floor, but i cant have the sub exposed due to things being put over it and i will still need the spare wheel. Any advice given will be apreciated.

Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
you can get grilles to stop damage to your sub or build a section for tools and a section for your build.if you want to be able to remove it easy when you need to put tools in buy a vibe fast plug so long as you arent using cable thicker than 8awg.

rich3001

Mar 9, 2009
I will have a look into what youve suggested, didnt actually think of that :doh: . Also getting the guys in the drawing office at work to do a few rough designs for me to go by, so i can have the build plus the tools. Thanks

vngtx

i fitted a second sheet of mdf ontop on the sub with a cutout to match sub size so if u put tool box ontop it wudnt touch it. mine was a shallow sub layout with flat top.

scottthurlow

scott
Jan 12, 2010
birmingham
i was thinkin like incorporate a snap on style draw or similar, would need bit of thort but would look the dogs, u cud have like 2 draws for tools and one with ur amp in that slides open!

Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
the tools would be a problem,your issue with a draw for the amp would be making sure you have enough slack of cable so it doesnt go taught when opened but is secure enough not to catch on the door runner or anything especially with it being metal

Dec 31, 2007
Reading
why not go for a box thats moulded into the side of the boot? Then will still leave you enough room for your tools, and spare wheel.

rich3001

Mar 9, 2009
i fitted a second sheet of mdf ontop on the sub with a cutout to match sub size so if u put tool box ontop it wudnt touch it. mine was a shallow sub layout with flat top.

I had a similar design to what you said drawn up by the guys at work. They basically put a sheet of mdf in cut into 2 and hinged it in the middle

the tools would be a problem,your issue with a draw for the amp would be making sure you have enough slack of cable so it doesnt go taught when opened but is secure enough not to catch on the door runner or anything especially with it being metal

I can see there being a few problems with the metal draw and the cables. i could always see about making a runner for cables etc. Ithink i will need to look into that a bit more.

why not go for a box thats moulded into the side of the boot? Then will still leave you enough room for your tools, and spare wheel.

I have been looking for one of these, i found a company that did them for the mk3 but havent for a mk4

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.