N249 Bypass, Long-term issues?

JB!

Toight loike a Toiger
lol, just done the N249 bypass, and i text my mechanic to say i'd solved the boost issues by doing it, and he said i'd run lean and melt a piston???

anyone had theirs bypassed for long? what long-term issues has it caused? is he talking out his arse?

*edited coz i got the wrong "n" number...

Last edited:

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
Did you do it with the resistors in place to stop the EML.?

Mine along with lots of others have it done and as far as im aware we all still have 4 pistons.

alex_cupra09

now owner of mk3 cupra
Mar 12, 2009
Nantwich
no, still plugged in, a physical hose bypass.

cleared it anyhow.

will see if it re-appears, used the guide at the end of the how-to.

i LOVE BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST!

mines still plugged in and just a hose bypass been done for 6 months now no issues or engine manegment light.

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
no, still plugged in, a physical hose bypass.

cleared it anyhow.

will see if it re-appears, used the guide at the end of the how-to.

i LOVE BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST!

Ah right.

The only thing ive known to melt is the n112 if it snaps off and falls onto the mani, happend to mine a caused a small fire where the plastic etc caught light.

J0N

Defected!
This is probably going against the grain but in my opinion and definately in my case the by-pass made no improvement to the performance of my car whatsoever, in fact if anything it reduced boost and created a rather worrying chatty sound so I reversed it and kept it as the safety feature Mr SEAT intended.

JB!

Toight loike a Toiger
This is probably going against the grain but in my opinion and definately in my case the by-pass made no improvement to the performance of my car whatsoever, in fact if anything it reduced boost and created a rather worrying chatty sound so I reversed it and kept it as the safety feature Mr SEAT intended.

freed up 5psi for me! :blink:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise