Ibiza 6j speakers spec

vukii

I want to upgrade all of my speakers in my ibiza 6j. Does anybody know the specs for the speakers ? Do i have to buy new holders for them or i can fit the new speakers in the serial holders.
Are the sizes for all speakers 165mm ? or are the ones in front 130mm and the rear 165mm ?

Dave217

Ibiza Mk 5 owner
Nov 2, 2009
Warrington
not sure of the specs but i had the same idea untill i heard the standard system, all i have added is a subwoofer in the boot and im done, the speakers in the doors are a pain to get at as you have to remove the whole door facia, which is connected to all the electronics so if you mess up, then door wont lock windows wont work etc just a warning =]

vukii

Techie thanks alot m8. can you please tell me how to reach the rear speaker? i hope its easier then the front.

Busta

Sep 13, 2009
Great thread...today, I wanted to check the back rear speakers...I played with the fader and found out the front speakers have much much more qualitative sound than the rear one...so..I am looking to change them with DLS one, but I have to found out the size....

So:

1. Flip the back seat front...

2. You will see 2 caps ...you can take them off easy.

3. The hard part comes - to move up and away the whole pannel

Technie - we need your help - there are some clips that I am afraid I will break if I pull harder. They are just under the seatbelt pannel (about 40 sm below) and when I pull the pannel I see it is attached somehow. Do I need somekind of a tool or I just have to pull harder?

The rest is measure, buy new speakers and attach!!!

BR

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
The 3/4 panel is screwed in behind the upper seat belt trim, you need to take that off first.

Then it pops off as a complete part. If you take the seat backrest and base out it much much easier.

Busta

Sep 13, 2009
The 3/4 panel is screwed in behind the upper seat belt trim, you need to take that off first.

Then it pops off as a complete part. If you take the seat backrest and base out it much much easier.

Just to mention - the problem seems not the pannel of the seatbelt, but the whole pannel on its own is being hold by a clip...I do not know what to do - is there a possibility to break it?
Do I need a special tool or just pool?

Maybe, I will take some pics!

Best Regards!

Busta

Sep 13, 2009
Where is it being held?

So...if you are at the level of the seatbelt...you go down...down the pannel...you finish the light trim...then you go on the grey pannel (the large pannel, covering the whole side) and at the level of the seat is the clip.(it looks white, I can't figure out how it is attached)...

P.S. To tell honest...my car is 27 000 km now for 15 months and I see some weak plastics (and clips)...also, the gear knob leather is in bad condition(although I am not a heavy lifter with hands of field worker) :lol: I just mention that ,because I am afraid not to break some clip - afterwards the bass will cause very bad vibrations of the whole pannel!

Best Regards

Busta

Sep 13, 2009
You know it seperates along that line yes? Should just pop along that line.

The bad thing is if you look closer - there are two pannels - big (upper) and small (sill) one...The big one is the one covering the speaker...

I don't need to take away the lower (smaller) sill pannel. So I take away the caps hidden behind the seat, I pull the whole big pannel(starting fron the back) and it is going out...buuut...it is caught with a flip in the front (under the seatbelt)..

Jun 9, 2019
Wales
Hi, I don't want to be the type of person that sparks of an old thread again but I want a little bit of help and it relates to what this thread was about. My drivers side door speaker has blown (only found after messing around with the fader) I'm lead to believe that the front speaker size is 16.5cm, however I'm wanting to replace all the speakers in the car as it gives me and excuse to do so. In a three door Ibiza 6J are the rear speakers still 16.5cm or are they smaller and would there be enough clearance to fit the new speakers. The speakers I'm thinking of buying are Sony XS-FB1730's they are 17cm in size. Is it also easier to by some adapters to fit the new speakers to the door panel?

Aug 21, 2019
Hi, I don't want to be the type of person that sparks of an old thread again but I want a little bit of help and it relates to what this thread was about. My drivers side door speaker has blown (only found after messing around with the fader) I'm lead to believe that the front speaker size is 16.5cm, however I'm wanting to replace all the speakers in the car as it gives me and excuse to do so. In a three door Ibiza 6J are the rear speakers still 16.5cm or are they smaller and would there be enough clearance to fit the new speakers. The speakers I'm thinking of buying are Sony XS-FB1730's they are 17cm in size. Is it also easier to by some adapters to fit the new speakers to the door panel?
I just tried to install a pair of pioneers to the front door of my Ibiza 6j and could not as an adaptor is needed to replace the stock speakers.
I also believe that the rear door speakers are the same size as the front. If you go on to halfords website and look for their speakers size guide it will tell you the size of the front a rear speakers.

Aug 21, 2019
I just tried to install a pair of pioneers to the front door of my Ibiza 6j and could not as an adaptor is needed to replace the stock speakers.
I also believe that the rear door speakers are the same size as the front. If you go on to halfords website and look for their speakers size guide it will tell you the size of the front a rear speakers.
My issue now is that i have found out there are no speakers in the rear of my 3dr just foam.i just need to find out whether there are wires already installed back there to fit speakers in as i don't wanna buy another set of speakers and then realise i need to bring new wires through to the back.
however i'm not to sure how to remove the rear panel of the 3dr.

AlR

Dec 10, 2016
Just done this myself. there is a thread on this forum showing exactly how (with pictures) to remove the interior of a mk5 SC. you'll need to search for it.
As to cables for rear speakers - nope, none pre-installed, you will need to run your own. It is possible to connect directly into the connector behind the head-unit so it still operates as if OEM. The section of the connector is removeable. As I also changed the HU, I don't know if the stock one will recognise the new rear speakers just by them being there. On mine the fade option was not present without the speakers. I didn't bother testing to see if it became available once the speakers were fitted. I don't know if it is a different HU between models or if any computer settings would need to be changed to enable the fader.

I used the same size speakers for the rear as I did for the front doors but had to make a custom mount to fit them. I think the standard ones are smaller. Problem is the cutout in the structure doesn't give enough clearance for the driver magnet. Mine are now mounted at an angle to the bodywork to give the needed clearance. They do still fit behind the panel with no touch points, so no buzzing.

Aug 21, 2019
Just done this myself. there is a thread on this forum showing exactly how (with pictures) to remove the interior of a mk5 SC. you'll need to search for it.
As to cables for rear speakers - nope, none pre-installed, you will need to run your own. It is possible to connect directly into the connector behind the head-unit so it still operates as if OEM. The section of the connector is removeable. As I also changed the HU, I don't know if the stock one will recognise the new rear speakers just by them being there. On mine the fade option was not present without the speakers. I didn't bother testing to see if it became available once the speakers were fitted. I don't know if it is a different HU between models or if any computer settings would need to be changed to enable the fader.

I used the same size speakers for the rear as I did for the front doors but had to make a custom mount to fit them. I think the standard ones are smaller. Problem is the cutout in the structure doesn't give enough clearance for the driver magnet. Mine are now mounted at an angle to the bodywork to give the needed clearance. They do still fit behind the panel with no touch points, so no buzzing.
Would you know how to remove the wing mirror cable toggle so i can properly remove the door panel as i cannot figure it out

AlR

Dec 10, 2016
Not 100% certain, mine are electric - just unplug :) Seriously, from changing my son's broken mirror, it is done from behind the trim. The knob is attached with a split claw type fitting- designed to go together and not come apart! I had the luxury of the replacement mirror with entire cable attached to work out what / where to lever out of the car & a spare should I **** it up. It is fiddly, releasing the claw also releases balls & springs from inside the adjuster mechanism, which you will need to put back in place. Once the knob is released, it comes off into the car and the entire adjuster cable withdraws into the door. With some asistance to hold the door card, you should be able to change speakers without fully removing the card, leaving the mirror cable attached. whatever you do don't let the plastic door card rest on the ground. It is verry soft & slightest movement will put deep scratches in it probably on the inside facing i.e. visible surfaces.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members