Lumpy idle when cold

sacho

May 21, 2009
2002 IBIZA 130 TDI SPORT the car runs very lumpy when cold. The engine wobbles like its misfiring. When it gets to running temp it runs smooth. Had it checked out and it’s coming up with nothing. Everything is working fine. No codes at all.
ANY IDEAS?

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
2002 IBIZA 130 TDI SPORT the car runs very lumpy when cold. The engine wobbles like its misfiring. When it gets to running temp it runs smooth. Had it checked out and it’s coming up with nothing. Everything is working fine. No codes at all.
ANY IDEAS?

If the battery is in good condition then i would suspect one of the glow plugs may be on the way out but not yet bad enough to flag a problem.

sacho

May 21, 2009
no mate .if it was the glow plugs it would do it for 20 seconds max.this runs lumpy till it hits about 90 degrees temp then its smooth.

Nightscape

no mate .if it was the glow plugs it would do it for 20 seconds max.this runs lumpy till it hits about 90 degrees temp then its smooth.

Fuelling problem, there is a way to do smooth out the injector sequenece on VAG com. Mine has the same problem, ill be trying it on mine once the cylinder head goes back on :(

sacho

May 21, 2009
Did some searching and found out that the lumpy idle was a common problem with the early vw130 pd.went to the local vw dealers.the technician said it was a softwere issue and it was sorted once the ecu was updated.most cars came in under warranty.i asked if he can sort mine out, he said i would have to go to seat as their softwere is different to the vw.

i then spoke to the seat dealers, they would not give me any info on if there was an updated softwere for the 130 pd. they said bring it in £40 to plug machine on and if it needs updating its a nother £40.

HAS ANYONE ELSE HEARD OF THIS SOFTWERE UPDATE ?

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise