What do you think its worth?

Cupranation

Aug 20, 2009
Warwickshire
I'm thinking of changing my Cupra but am really unsure as to how much it is worth.

It's an emocion red 2007 57 reg with 18,100 on the clock. I am the second owner and as it was registered in November 2007 it's still under Seat warranty until Nov 2010. There is full service history with all the reciepts and paperwork for warranty work. Its taxed until Nov 2010. No faults, no leaks, no misty front windscreen either :lol:

It's a completely standard car with the exception of the Dension iPod kit with track display on the large MFD/steering wheel controls, the only originally fitted optional extras are bluetooth and AFS xenon lights as far as I am aware.

Its absolutely mint inside and out, not a scratch, scuff, mark or anything else with the exception of some very light kerb scuffs to the front offside alloy (thanks to the missus :headhurt:). Front tyres have about 2.5mm, rears about 3.5mm.

I was thinking about £14k exactly on autotrader and see if anyone bites? Am I pie in the sky or near the mark with that? Whats everyone think?

Cheers, Al

FR_Flavoured

Sounds like an excellent car, from your specs above. :)

Well if its any judgement, here is PARKERS UK stated figures....
Selected an 07 (57) SEAT Leon Cupra. 2.0 16V T FSI Cupra 5d .

Note Parkers gave an average mileage of 30,000 (whereas yours has done 18K). So take that into consideration, yours being a lower than average example. ;)

Original Price £19,695
Franchised Dealer £14,550
Independent Dealer £14,000
Private Good £13,175
Private Poor £10,610
Part Exchange £12,210

Out of interest, do you have any idea what you want to go for next? :)
Hope this helps!

Cupranation

Aug 20, 2009
Warwickshire
Not sure what next - tricky. The wife's Octavia VRs is a company car and is going back soon, looks unlikely that she is going to be able to have another estate car which is a big issue when you have 3 dogs and a large caravan to tow :think:

One thing is for sure, the dogs and the caravan are going no-where near my Leon if I do decide to keep it :blink: so just thinking through other options, which will depend on what the Leon is worth.

Selling the wife, dogs and caravan is one other option but somehow me thinks not :lol:

FR_Flavoured

Hmm, difficult decisions, sometimes you do have to make sacrifices, to move forward !...

Perhaps its time to look at MPV's or a more practical vehicle with space, like a Range Rover, HUMMER or something? :)
If 6 months ago I didnt buy my FR (and was still looking for a performance Leon), then I might have had a big interest in your Cupra...

Who knows, perhaps fortunes will change and you get to keep hold of your Cupra!?