Opening boot with engine still running?

Dopsonj

Jan 25, 2010
Ok, today i had a friend in my car, pulled up at his house to drop him off, didn't want to switch the engine off as it was only going to be quick, he got out and went to open the boot, as the car auto locks the boot wouldn't open, so i double clicked the unlock button on the keys whilst they are still in the ignition with the engine running... nothing, so i had to turn it off, and then again, double click.. Stupid Feature?:doh:

Is there a way i can get this sorted? I guess there must be something in VAG Com?

Jack

Dopsonj

Jan 25, 2010
Ive got a button which has on one half a picture of a car, with a door open and on the bottom a key, after a bit of playing about ive realised you have to press the button twice for the boot, and once for the door, stupid thing.

Also i'm luck enough not to live in an area where i would pull up at some lights and have something jack'd from my boot, although i have read some stories on here, an i can deffo see why the feature is useful!

Excuse my poor spelling/writing, am responding on my phone

jack

Dirtyepic

I think only have to press it once to get it all open. Mines a 06 fr

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
if your doors have locking pins on them then you may not have a lock button...most of the Ibizas don't and so on the drivers door by the mirror adjuster knob there's a lock/unlock switch. In the case where you have pins then try pulling the drivers one up

all Ibizas come standard with the dual press unlocking feature...where one click on the key fob unlocks just the drivers door and two clicks unlocks all incl boot (but this can be changed via VagCOM

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.