New CUPRA R officially confirmed

Amet

anybode have p/n for rear Cupra R diffusser (twin exhaust, like r32)?

seatcupra.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=41519&g2_serialNumber=2

6th.replicant

May 29, 2008
London
Does anyone know if the Mk2 LCR shares the LC's clutch & gearbox? And, in turn, are the clutch & gearbox the same as the Mk1 LCR's?

Ta :)

6th.replicant

May 29, 2008
London
I'd highly doubt the clutch and gearbox are the same as a Mk1 LCR!

Gosh, are you implying that the Mk1 LCR's clutch & gearbox are not robust enough to endure c. 260bhp/lb ft long-term?! Not a popular school of thought with re-map fans... :duck:

I wondered about the gearbox/clutch carryover because it's a popular VAG theme - the Mk2 LCR's engine block, for example, is derived from the Mk3 Golf GTI's, which in turn is a version of the Mk1/Mk2 GTI's, which...

sneak

It's priced ip at 25k is it not. The RS is the same price, I think I would rather have that

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
I'm not sure where PistinHeads got the idea that the Cupra suffers from Torque Steer from. Mine certainly doesn't.

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
Gosh, are you implying that the Mk1 LCR's clutch & gearbox are not robust enough to endure c. 260bhp/lb ft long-term?! Not a popular school of thought with re-map fans... :duck:

I wondered about the gearbox/clutch carryover because it's a popular VAG theme - the Mk2 LCR's engine block, for example, is derived from the Mk3 Golf GTI's, which in turn is a version of the Mk1/Mk2 GTI's, which...

I'm sure it can handle that, it's the torque that's usually a problem with OEM stuff from what I remember about my TDI150.

I like the fact SEAT UK have got us some little extras again, like the rear 'faux diffuser' and bigger spoiler.

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
i cant seem to see why they're charging £25k. you could by a second hand cupra for abou £13-14k, then spend £400 and have mapped to 300BHP.

Or buy a second hand Audi S3 with the same output, for around £18-19k and that has four wheel drive, plus its name snobbery again, to say you have an Audi. Or £3k more, get a brand new S3. there are so many decent options for people who are fortunate enough to consider or have £25k to spend on a brand new car. it just doesn't make sense to me.

phil_monk31

Feb 22, 2010
I agree I think the price is too high..... 22K is more what i would of thought.

got my 07 Cupra with 20K on it for 12.5K

Poverty

i have a test drive booked next week :p
might be following your lead, will send you a pm at some point.

PS, wouldnt it be worthwhile hanging on to your catch can and ITG etc incase you do buy the rocco r?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members