Yet again - Faulty Boot lock

aaronbromley

TDISport.com Owner
Nov 25, 2004
Lincolnshire
www.TDISport.com
Hello people, yet again i have a faulty boot lock, fed up with it now so i am looking at getting another one fitted.
Does anyone know the part number though?

The previous time it went wrong when i couldn't open it at all i took apart the boot and greased everything up - worked for about 6 weeks anyway.

I am currently unable to lock or open the boot using the remote, i am having to insert the key to do it.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Any idea where I could get one from rather than the dealers? Do they have a part number?

I'd say it makes no sense to go past your local Seat dealer as he will be able to order in the correct part if you hand over your reg number or VIN. Buying secondhand would probably mean that you'd be back in there quite soon - for the same reason that your one has failed - if its a design problem VAG will have evolved the part so it should last longer this time, if its a water ingress issue then maybe you should fix the root cause and maybe even get this motor back working again - I think that they call them an actuator or sensor - VAG do use the odd strange term - though its probably down to German > English translation issues.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
My girlfriends mum works for parkinsons who supply a whole range of parts to garages. I was thinking I could get it at trade price from them. But would probably need the part number.

I'd guess that that part would be too model specific and demand would be too low to justify any trade parts chain sourcing it and keeping it on their range. Car manufacturers do not try to standardise parts as they are quite happy to make them model specific as the quantities that they require means that working that way makes more sense.

geoffjuggs

My boot lock motor went due to water dripping on it from the famously faulty rear washer pipe. Fix that fault while you are in there. I got one from my local stealer about 13 quid but its still a crappy little motor.

philje123

Chug chug
Jul 5, 2011
York
Just ordered a new motor as the boot doesn't lock/unlock with central locking.

Had a look at the mechanism. All free and moving and I can lock/unlock with the key in the boot.

I stuck a volt meter on the wires and it did flash up with something there but it's that quick the meter doesn't get a reading of the voltage but there's power.

It's just over £11 from my local dealer. Apparantly it's a generic VAG part number used in other applications such as remote fuel cap release etc.

Picking it up tomorrow. Will let you know how I get one.

Phil

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members