help needed with my copper colour 16v ibiza an what wheels to buy

brooksey999

need help with what wheels i should get for my r-reg 16v ibiza, its got a 20v turbo engine fitted to the car just need some nice wheels to finsh it off,

its got the standard 16'' mutispoke ronal wheels fitted just need something to stick out of the arches a bit more,

so anyone one got any advice on what wheels suit the ibiza also pics if they can :)

cheers
kieron

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
9J Modernline mono's
8J + 9J D90's
Porsche Teledials 7's and 8's (16's)
BBS RS 16 x 8 Front and 16 x 9J Rear
Borbet A 16 x 7J and 16 x 9J
Compomotive CX/ CXN 16's 8J and 9J
BBS Ra's
BBS RM's
Compomotive MO's 16"
BBS LM 8J - (Or reps due to $$)
All wheels I either liked on a MK2 or would like to see more of

Hope that helps

Ollie

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
It really depends what sort of look you are going for.

Ollie gave a good list of wheels there, you could also go with a set of Oz wheels of some sort. But one thing, dont go any bigger than 16 inch wheels or you will spoil the handling/ride of the car.

mattmk2

Feb 2, 2010
i run 17's they fill the arches perfectly and on coily's handle well nicely too, im after 16's tho cause i want to go lowwer:)

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
9J Modernline mono's
8J + 9J D90's
Porsche Teledials 7's and 8's (16's)
BBS RS 16 x 8 Front and 16 x 9J Rear
Borbet A 16 x 7J and 16 x 9J
Compomotive CX/ CXN 16's 8J and 9J
BBS Ra's
BBS RM's
Compomotive MO's 16"
BBS LM 8J - (Or reps due to $$)
All wheels I either liked on a MK2 or would like to see more of

Hope that helps

Ollie

yes ollie, between me, you, brummy, and motorsport boys we have/going to have nearly all them :D

i own one the rm's, gonna own another,
you owned teledials, got cxn's, rs,
brummy owned ra's, got borbet a's :D

and you got modernlines :p

i would add Compomotive TH's to that list too :D

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
yes ollie, between me, you, brummy, and motorsport boys we have/going to have nearly all them :D

i own one the rm's, gonna own another,
you owned teledials, got cxn's, rs,
brummy owned ra's, got borbet a's :D

and you got modernlines :p

i would add Compomotive TH's to that list too :D

Had me some 8's and 9's D90's too which didn't make it on to the car with tyres.

I quite like the idea of the gottie's from my readers ride thread on there too - would look just the job - or actually what about those on the cabby??

(Running of to edition to see if they have sold)

Ollie

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
Had me some 8's and 9's D90's too which didn't make it on to the car with tyres.

I quite like the idea of the gottie's from my readers ride thread on there too - would look just the job - or actually what about those on the cabby??

(Running of to edition to see if they have sold)

Ollie

oh yeah i forgot that you had the d90's too :p

yeah gotti's on the cabby = good

i think 15's and 16's look good on mk2 ibiza's, any bigger doesn't look good, smaller might, but rarely done :)

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
need help with what wheels i should get for my r-reg 16v ibiza, its got a 20v turbo engine fitted to the car just need some nice wheels to finsh it off,

its got the standard 16'' mutispoke ronal wheels fitted just need something to stick out of the arches a bit more,

so anyone one got any advice on what wheels suit the ibiza also pics if they can :)

cheers
kieron

By any chance have it got slighly wider arches than a stanard Ibiza?

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Team Dynamics Pro Race 2 here..

but pick any ya like except 3 spokers :) as a mk2 is quite adaptable for wheels to be honest

Ieuan-J

Jan 8, 2010
South Wales

cheers
kieron

20vt 5 spokes :drool:

mattmk2

Feb 2, 2010
i want to go smaller 15's or 16's so i can really slam it, but my camber is well out tyres are making me bankrupt

mattmk2

Feb 2, 2010
anyone had camber issues? i have massive negative camber so tyres last 2 -3 months, if anyone had this how do u overcome it ?

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
anyone had camber issues? i have massive negative camber so tyres last 2 -3 months, if anyone had this how do u overcome it ?

sort out ya camber :shrug: lol
2 bolts on where the strut meets the front disc...simples :)
(or go kwik fit etc and ask them too :D)

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Dave,

Are you thinking of the 'wide-arch' Copper 16V that was featured in either Max Power or Fast-car back in about 2000-2001 ?!? ;)

No im thinkiing of the one on ebay and pistonheads a year ago wiith chrome alloys, bodykit and 20vT lump.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members