Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Lum aboot done

Well, what a bastid of a job that was.

I knew it was going to be difficult.
Th problem is not the job its just the access.
As the DP and CAT sections are 7 years old the bolts were in a bad way.
I tried everything but in the end I hire a reciprocating saw and cut the fecker off!!

Thankfully the Lambdas cam out easy enough without stripping threads, these were logged prior to removing and all was well.

I got quite a bit done today, the saw was def the turning point.

I still had to drop the sub frame to allow the OEM DP out and the new one back in.
So the new DP and de CAT are in and all but one nut is tightened.
I couldn't find my new DP to Turbo gasket so I reused the old one with plenty paste on it, same with the other joints.
Fit seems good so far.
I'll see what I can get done tomorrow morning.

I've got to go offshore tomorrow so the car won't be at the national day.
TBH it was going to be a massive rush anyway and really don't enjoy working on my car when rushing anyway.

The map has been written, I ave the 4 BAR FPR and the exhaust will be on.
When I get back I'll get the map on.

The first stages are to get the map on and do some logging to see how happy the car is.
There might be some further tweaking to carry out.
Leave the car to adapt for 200 miles ish then some more tweaking.

Looking forward to the big grin associated with a freshly mapped car

George 3G

KW & Weitec
Jul 28, 2009
Herefordshire
So just the FPR, the fuel pump doesn't need to be uprated? I guess it doesn't matter if you fit a 4bar FPR and then the mapper doesn't utilise it?

Where did you get yours Willie?

_chris_

Jul 6, 2008
in the car
did you do the dp on ur drive? good work if you did
my mate did mine on a ramp and it was a right pain!!
we loosened the driveshaft to allow the old dp to come off.

Cupra Ross

Breaks things............
May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
The LCR fuel pump is a 4 bar pump anyway so that won't need to be uprated.

As said on the phone Willie I'm glad you finally got her remapped! :) Shame you canni make it to the meet but then I am in the same boat... well almost the same.

I'll second that, its good to see the car mapped now Willie, I'll bet its a superb all rounder! You've spent a lot of time and money on the car getting it just how you want it.

I'd consider either a new fuel pump or a helper pump at some stage dependant on mileage. The originals get decidedly weak after about 80k miles and it really shows up when they're remapped. I've replaced 2 in-tank pumps on my 1.8Ts now.

Jun 4, 2007
Aberdeen
Right i want details. What standard map is it or fully custom set up i.e not revo or custom code. Whats the boost peak and more importantly get the darn logs up :D. P.s when you back i want a spin :p

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
So just the FPR, the fuel pump doesn't need to be uprated? I guess it doesn't matter if you fit a 4bar FPR and then the mapper doesn't utilise it?

Where did you get yours Willie?
Edition 38

did you do the dp on ur drive? good work if you did
my mate did mine on a ramp and it was a right pain!!
we loosened the driveshaft to allow the old dp to come off.
Done on drive way myself.
I dropped the subframe to allow space.

As said on the phone Willie I'm glad you finally got her remapped! :) Shame you canni make it to the meet but then I am in the same boat... well almost the same.
There will always be a next time
Was out in this earlier - it is sh!t off a shovel now :)
;)

I'll second that, its good to see the car mapped now Willie, I'll bet its a superb all rounder! You've spent a lot of time and money on the car getting it just how you want it.

I'd consider either a new fuel pump or a helper pump at some stage dependant on mileage. The originals get decidedly weak after about 80k miles and it really shows up when they're remapped. I've replaced 2 in-tank pumps on my 1.8Ts now.
Logs showing all is well with fueling
I will second that!
Getting better too

Right i want details. What standard map is it or fully custom set up i.e not revo or custom code. Whats the boost peak and more importantly get the darn logs up :D. P.s when you back i want a spin :p
Gimme a call

think he was meant to be but he is defo home, spoke to him earlier mate
Home now

Tony T 1985

Just read all 43 pages - this sounds like a complete weapon - fair play on doing most of it yourself as well :)

maybe see it up KH at some point

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Just read all 43 pages - this sounds like a complete weapon - fair play on doing most of it yourself as well :)

maybe see it up KH at some point
Cheers min, the benefit of doing it yourself is its cheaper and you know its done right.
The more you do the more you understand and can help others

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk

ever seen pump flow data for these confirming what its spc'd for

LCR's dont run 4bar so why would their pump be 4bar rated?

they all run over 4bar underboost remember

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Surely the fuel pump must be pushing out more than 4 BAR or else a 4 BAR FPR would be a waste of time. This would never allow any regulation to the fuel pressure as it would never meet its minimum setting and releave.

May 29, 2008
Aberdeenshire
Another big step away to be climbed in the next few days,
FINALLY I'M GETTING MY LCR REMAPPED!!!

REALLY looking forward to the extra torque.
This is being carried out by a local guru in close conjunction with a well known VW Racing team boss :)

My BlueFlame 3" De CAT'd DP has arrived, I've got Stainless Steel bolts and nuts for this and a DP to Turbo gasket.
I've got a life time supply of Plus gas, a new wire brush and bent spanners :) :)
Pictures to follow, hopefully big smiles too

Tyler text to me say u had your car booked in lol
pleased with the new power then??

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.