Rear washer - Is there a 4th place?

philameena

OK, usual problem.. no water coming out of the rear washer. Pump motor is whirring away.. but no liquid.

I had this last year and the stealer fixed it. At that time, the water was peeing out of the boot latch area so it waas obviously a pipe off in there.

Thats dry this time.

The area at the side of the boot is also bone dry.

The passenger footwell is ALSO bone dry.

Any ideas on a 4th place I should be checking?
If I'm driving with the air-con on and I give it a good squirt, I can smell screenwash.. so I assume it must be coming from under the bonnet somewhere?

Art0ir

TDi Ho
Sep 21, 2009
Newry
Just two clips. One on the left, and one on the bottom right (iirc). Then just tug it out and pop off the sensor and pump. Cue couple of litres of water/windscreen fluid into engine.

philameena

Right... just had a most unsuccessful attempt to get the washer bottle out.
:(

See pics.

I removed the 10mm plastic nuts at A and B and then loosened bolt C on the frame so the bottom of the bolt didn't get in the way.

a.jpg

b.jpg

However.. even though the bottle will now wobble about a bit, it definately will not budge. The problem seems to be the metal bracket D which is part of the mounting of part E (don't know what that is)

The top of the plastic on the washer bottle mount is behind bracket D and thats stopping it coming out. After trying to shimmy it for 10 mins I came to the conclusion that unless you remove D (and thus E) you cannot get the washer out.. and that looks like a big job :(

Help?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.