New FR TSI issue

Louie089

Mar 8, 2010
Birmingham
Hi all, finally got my FR TSI in furia grey last week and what a beauty she is, it seemed trying to keep her clean was the biggest problem I had up until earlier today when the sunroof stopped responding to the open/close buttons near the rearview mirror (luckily it was closed and wont open as opposed to open and wont close lol). Just wondering whether this has been a problem for anyone else and how they fixed it or do I need to take it back to get it checked out :(.

And one more thing, what have people done about 'running in' their new FR/Cupra's when they first bought them, i've only covered around 350miles and tried keeping it below 3000 revs for most motorway journeys... obviously i've had to put the foot down once or twice to get the full feel but hey that's what it's there for right? [B)]

Art0ir

TDi Ho
Sep 21, 2009
Newry
Hi all, finally got my FR TSI in furia grey last week and what a beauty she is, it seemed trying to keep her clean was the biggest problem I had up until earlier today when the sunroof stopped responding to the open/close buttons near the rearview mirror (luckily it was closed and wont open as opposed to open and wont close lol). Just wondering whether this has been a problem for anyone else and how they fixed it or do I need to take it back to get it checked out :(.

And one more thing, what have people done about 'running in' their new FR/Cupra's when they first bought them, i've only covered around 350miles and tried keeping it below 3000 revs for most motorway journeys... obviously i've had to put the foot down once or twice to get the full feel but hey that's what it's there for right? [B)]

Take it to the dealers mate, that's what warranty is for!

As for "running it in" there was a thread on here recently about it and the general consensus seemed to be regardless of age, if the engine is correctly warmed up, you're good to give it the beans ;)

Spurt

Seat Bocanegra
Apr 23, 2010
Slough
as artoir said, most people in the other thread have let it warm up and then drive it like you stole it. just warm the turbo up and let it cool down before shutting her down.

Octane2097

Naturally Aspirated
Jan 20, 2007
South Yorkshire
best to stick with wat the manual says
avoid full throttle and top speed for the 1st 1000km

welcome to the FR club, nice to see another one most just buy the cupra with a black bumper :whistle:

edit: do you have any photos of your car? i was umming and arrring over the panoramic sun roof id really like to see what it looks like on the car

thanx, hope you enjoy your car! :D

Last edited:

Octane2097

Naturally Aspirated
Jan 20, 2007
South Yorkshire
not a hater! i think they r lovely!
just nice to see another FR lol

anyways im concidering buying the boc front bumper

since they dont sell the fr boc over here il make my own

Louie089

Mar 8, 2010
Birmingham
do you have any photos of your car? i was umming and arrring over the panoramic sun roof id really like to see what it looks like on the car

I will do soon enough, once I get some time. I think it looks the part personally, works well with the paintwork. What colour do you have yours?

Just an update on the sunroof problem, it was stuck on open yesterday and could only be closed using the keys. Possibly could be something to do with the heat having an impact on the roof and overheating the overhead console?

Will be taking her in to get checked over anyhow.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members