How does a Civic Type R compare to a mk1 LC?

Art0ir

TDi Ho
Sep 21, 2009
Newry
EP3 is probably the best Civic ever made, if not the best VTEC. I've never driven an LCR but I can tell you EPCTR's handle like a dream and aren't short on power. On the downside, its a hell of alot more expensive to mod a N/A engine than a 1.8T although bolt a turbo or a supercharger and you can make some impressive figures. So it depends what you want really..

I will say though, the whole "VTEC YO" thing is a little overated and is very, very overvalued by all the Honda fan boys.

wayne lcr

bored of it now
Mar 5, 2009
doncaster
test drove 1 before i got the lcr was not inpressed you have to cain the **** out of it to get it in the v tec band at about 5 and a half to 6000 rpm and it goes straight round to 9000 plus its only a 2 door and like art says very dear to modd

Art0ir

TDi Ho
Sep 21, 2009
Newry
If you're more about the looks, you won't go wrong with Champ White JDM either..

28430_412549644973_529919973_5169284_6873767_n.jpg

CupraTurbo81

I would say looks wise they are on par with each other but performance wise the leon is much more fun as the type R really needs to have its arse kicked to get some real action.

turbin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMZ4d7i-yUA

his car has a completely built engine, stripped interior and slicks. Only mod remaining for him is a supercharger...

He is a full second faster than me on the 1/8th mile but in real life story is different :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mikey P

The Flying Custard
Mar 4, 2009
Manchester
as above LCR is quiker in a straight line but the CTRs handle very well,BUT,stick a remap on the LCR and it wont matter how well the CTRs handle lol

turbin

as above LCR is quiker in a straight line but the CTRs handle very well,BUT,stick a remap on the LCR and it wont matter how well the CTRs handle lol

actually, stock vs stock the CTR is slightly faster than LCR from 0. Been covered many many many times.

Mikey P

The Flying Custard
Mar 4, 2009
Manchester
actually, stock vs stock the CTR is slightly faster than LCR from 0. Been covered many many many times.

i stand corrected from a standing start then, but on the move LCRs have the edge, a friend of mine has a CTR and when i was standard he couldnt keep up on the straights :p

great_kahn

Spooge
Nov 19, 2009
Leicestershire
The civics handling isnt all that tbh, crappy electric power steering, the back end can be extremely snap oversteer happy in wet or slippy conditions. But the LCR felt rather heavy and grown up, the civic by comparison feels light and fizzy. Hard cars to compare, and tbh, cant go wrong whichever you choose.

turbin

The civics handling isnt all that tbh, crappy electric power steering, the back end can be extremely snap oversteer happy in wet or slippy conditions. But the LCR felt rather heavy and grown up, the civic by comparison feels light and fizzy. Hard cars to compare, and tbh, cant go wrong whichever you choose.

thats one of the best things about the LCR: Heavy steering with a lot of feedback :clap:

maberzee

CUPRA 4 EVA
Nov 6, 2008
Taunton, Somerset
i drive for a job and deliver different cars, after owning an LCR and then driving one of these from Bournmouth a good 80-90 miles i can honestly say i was very dissapointed, they are quick but they dont feel it and i think they LCR is just a much nicer car in general.

great_kahn

Spooge
Nov 19, 2009
Leicestershire
+1

Standard Type R vs Remapped LC has no chance. Rolling start, stop start... doesn't matter.

They get quite annoyed when they cant beat family car.

In theory they are both small family hatchbacks... :lol: but the civic is nearer in size to the Ibiza mk4... this all changed with the release of the FN2 type R. Love the interior of that car btw, but its engine lacks grunt imho.

Burchyboi

I had a ctr for over 2 years! A really good car, so solid and much better round corners then a lcr, the only down side is the cost of moding the engine.

To be honest the ctr is faster then a lcr but as people say get a remap and ctr won't keep up. However the new shape ctr (not the ep3) is crap round corners and lcr would def leave it on a track.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members