How does a Civic Type R compare to a mk1 LC?

hara

Sep 26, 2009
continent
In terms of comfort the CTR is often described as 'raw' but for me it's quite harsh in the long run, like riding in a tin can. And the LCR with the Recaros and once I fitted the A3 armrest is quite civilised, even when lowered and on Bilsteins.

And the Civic interior is just hideous!

revere

Nov 10, 2009
Glasgow
cant stand the gear stick position in a Type R, always put me off buying one. I haven't had a challenge from a Type R in Scotland. One mk4 5 golf wich made a good job of keeping up till 5th gear :D

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
one thing iv recently learned is that a £16 door seal for our SEATs would cost £60 for a honda (integra mind you, but the civic might well be the same!)

Art0ir

TDi Ho
Sep 21, 2009
Newry
In terms of comfort the CTR is often described as 'raw' but for me it's quite harsh in the long run, like riding in a tin can. And the LCR with the Recaros and once I fitted the A3 armrest is quite civilised, even when lowered and on Bilsteins.

And the Civic interior is just hideous!

Definitely agree with the ride quality, even the FN2. Test drove one last year and commented on it to the dealer and his reply was something along the lines of "well built.. very solid.. murmur murmur" :lol:

maberzee

CUPRA 4 EVA
Nov 6, 2008
Taunton, Somerset
cant stand the gear stick position in a Type R, always put me off buying one. I haven't had a challenge from a Type R in Scotland. One mk4 5 golf wich made a good job of keeping up till 5th gear :D

imho i think the placing of the gear stick is one of te best bits about the car lol. but each to their own i suppose

Tonybeau

Test drove about a dozen CTRs before I test drove the Leons. I must admit that I did quite like the civic especially the couple I tested that had induction kits and sports exhausts - the sound once the vtec kicked in could be addictive.

The main reason I went for the LCR once I test drove them is the torque is there as long as you are around 2500rpm and the civic you had to thrash all the time to get the best out of it. Having said that though they are supposed to be uber reliable engines.

I also just prefferred the build quality of the Seat - just feels a lot more solid and a bit more expensive.

Don't think I would have been dissapointed had I gone for the civic either though but glad I went with the LCR - especially after the remap:D:D

Vipers_Venom

King Leonidas
Jun 30, 2004
West Midlands
3829613622a11260401932l.jpg

LOL - That pic just says it all - Quality!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

GregM

Jul 13, 2010
Chelmsford, Essex
Given a choice, I'd take a LCR. Don't get me wrong it'd be a hard choice, I do like the CTR and I have a few friends who either own or owned one but the LCR takes it in the end as just a better all round car, thats just my opinion though.

Jun 16, 2008
3829613622a11260401932l.jpg

You have a lovely car mate, dont get me wrong
but sorry mate, thats as cringe worthy as...

pf_nofear1.gif

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
CTR for the track stock and LCR for everday.

Watch the 5th Gear vid on youtube where Tiff Needell proved the CTR is the one for the track.

LCR is a far better everyday option, more comfy, less snappy, smooth and when you want to - cheaper to modify.

I'd never say the CTR is a bad car though. On-song they are pretty nippy and if your into the JAP scene, it's probably the best buy out there in that market. I also love the 'racey' almost throttle body noise they make under hard acceleration. Almost touring car sound from a stock sub 10k hatch has gotta be worth a go if JAP is your scene.

I considered the CTR long and hard before my 1st LCR, and it was edged out on alot of area's which counted to me.

The new CTR is a big let down however! Not just on looks.

TubbyTwo

Taking a break from JDM..
Jan 27, 2010
Ipswich, Suffolk
CTR for the track stock and LCR for everday.

Watch the 5th Gear vid on youtube where Tiff Needell proved the CTR is the one for the track.

LCR is a far better everyday option, more comfy, less snappy, smooth and when you want to - cheaper to modify.

I'd never say the CTR is a bad car though. On-song they are pretty nippy and if your into the JAP scene, it's probably the best buy out there in that market. I also love the 'racey' almost throttle body noise they make under hard acceleration. Almost touring car sound from a stock sub 10k hatch has gotta be worth a go if JAP is your scene.

I considered the CTR long and hard before my 1st LCR, and it was edged out on alot of area's which counted to me.

The new CTR is a big let down however! Not just on looks.

yep agree there, its a very very capable car, just a shame that its got the wrong image :(

Like you i was also looking at CTRs before the LCR, will still have one in the future, just fancied somthing different.

usually i find that people who go on about how slow they are and you need to ring their necks everytime you drive it, usually havent ever driven one.

Its a different style of car, no it may not be the fastet car in a straight line, but its about excellent handling and mechanical genius when it comes to the engine. 200hp from an na engine is good going for the everyday car!

anyone can drive fast in a straight line, its teh corners and tracks where it counts ;)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.