dog starting from warm?

titch1982

Hi everyone just purchased an 01 one leon and love it! Just started having a problem though that I hope someone can help me with.

My car start great from cold but after being warmed up and then stopping restarting the car starts horribly, idles terribly and has no acceleration. Sometimes I can stop the car again and it starts perfectly and drives perfect! I have changed the coolant temp sensor thinking it may be a problem with that but have had no luck!

I haven't taken the car to dealer yer as I have no engine management light on so assume they wont be able to find the fault?

Any help would be amazing and really appreciated!

Thanks in advance

titch1982

Thanks for help.

If I have no engine management light come on will the vag cable still show something as wrong?

Think I might purchase a cable from ebay and have a go myself.

Again thanks for help and appreciate any more suggestions!

titch1982

Thanks for help on this, purchased a vag cable and got it going. Came up with the error "g28 engine speed sensor"

Does anyone know if this means the crankshaft sensor, or is this something different? Alsp anyone have a part number or estimate cost to get replaced at garage?

Thanks in advance

An easy fix when selling a car showing the engine management light is to remove the bulb ;)

Get it on Vag-com

Thanks si-mate do you know an easy way of checking the engine management light has a bulb in?

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Thanks si-mate do you know an easy way of checking the engine management light has a bulb in?

They are SMT leds and soldered to a circuit board there is no twisty bulbs in a Leon on the dash.

Just turn the ignition so all the dash lights light up and look for the one with the engine in :)

Pyro

ye im a good one for that :D congrats on the buy mate happy motering :)

Jul 8, 2007
Hi amte someelse had a problem like this and it turned out to to be the coolant sensor(G16) or summat like that one of these lot will know which i mean (the black sensor you replace with green)

karl

titch1982

Just to finish of the thread,

Got the speed sensor replaced with a proper seat one and the part cost £75 + 1 hour labour. Could have got a cheaper sensor for around £50 but went for the proper one.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise