¦¦ Proffitt's Black Cupra Turbo ¦¦ - *MOT passed / Tints...on or off?? pg4*

Proffitt

Aug 23, 2010
Conwy
Right after a little bit of reading on the forum and looking at pic i though i would have a go Bypassing the N249.

Well, what can i say....for all the threads on here about it...its a piece of cake. lol

Though i would mess it up but no, its nice and simple...followed a thread on here and walla. All done.

Soo some pics:

Before:

SDC10621.jpg

After:

SDC10626.jpg

Also when i opened the bonned i could hear this hissing sound, was like this since i got it but i couldnt hear it while i was looking around the car before buying!! ohwell.

Any way, i automaticlly though...Split Pipe [:@]

Had a look around from where the noise was coming from and:

SDC10623.jpg

BINGO!!

Now after:

SDC10624.jpg

Sounds a lot better AND its running at around 18psi of boost :clap:

Although it only boosts to about 14/15psi sometimes in different gears! Is this normal for the psi to change?

AND now on idle the boost gauge is now showing a different reading, is this normal??

After i fixed it:

SDC10625.jpg

With the split, it was on about 10 / 9.

Also, would like to ask...is my DV on the right way? :redface:

SDC10622.jpg

Im not 100% sure as im a n0000b :whistle:

Any advice would be awesome thanks.

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
If its a 007P then it makes more of a squeak, rather than being quiet...(depending on CAI). Not sure if you can fit ALL types in both orientations...

Those PSI levels lookmucho better mate, is what I'd expect from a stage 1 map.

Which N249 thread did you read?? ;)

Mike

Proffitt

Aug 23, 2010
Conwy
If its a 007P then it makes more of a squeak, rather than being quiet...(depending on CAI). Not sure if you can fit ALL types in both orientations...

Those PSI levels lookmucho better mate, is what I'd expect from a stage 1 map.

Which N249 thread did you read?? ;)

Mike

I dont have a clue what DV i actually have. Will have to take it off one day and look for markings.

I read this thread - N249 ByPass Guide Although i did read / look at about a million threads on here :D

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
A trick I used to do if I developed a fault, or hit limp mode, was to reset the battery. You won't lose the map, but it will reset the cars 'learnt' settings. Will be worth a go if its been driving at 5psi and poor vac for a while.

Could be a Bailey DV30, that was the most common after a 007P. The reason I say this is I had both a polished 007P and a black 007p, neither had 'ridges' around the top as per your pic. Also, bearing in mind it was a couple of years ago, I don' think my DV sat like yours does... let me find a pic.. :)

I only asked about the N249 thread as I started one years ago, and every so often it pops up! lol

Mike

EDIT: Pics

s7000122jz4.jpg

s7000125tm3.jpg

Last edited:

Proffitt

Aug 23, 2010
Conwy
Ahh right, well i most probs looked at yours. So thanks :) lol

O, is it worth changing mine around then?

What will happen?

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
I'm not saying that, but worth looking at other peoples when you're next at a meet.

At the end of the day if you are driving around fine, and no error codes are apparent, then the car is happy, and so should you be lol

Mike