Radio in safe mode

sheddie

Had bother wi mine these last couple o days too after a battery disconection (52 Leon). Drove me up the wall :cry: Listened to the advice of my local sdealer and got led RIGHT up the garden path. Took advice off here and Bingo :worship: sounds again. Turn the engine off and tak oot your keys :yes: turn on the radio and leave your car, dont forget to lock up. After 55 mins (just under the hour, and be precise, or you'll miss it) :confused: go back open up and wait for a couple o minutes THEN watch in marvel as the 2000 appears. Enter your code and hit the Prog. button and you'll be laughing sandbags. :clap:

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
Had bother wi mine these last couple o days too after a battery disconection (52 Leon). Drove me up the wall :cry: Listened to the advice of my local sdealer and got led RIGHT up the garden path. Took advice off here and Bingo :worship: sounds again. Turn the engine off and tak oot your keys :yes: turn on the radio and leave your car, dont forget to lock up. After 55 mins (just under the hour, and be precise, or you'll miss it) :confused: go back open up and wait for a couple o minutes THEN watch in marvel as the 2000 appears. Enter your code and hit the Prog. button and you'll be laughing sandbags. :clap:

Ahhh perhaps I am waiting too long?! I haven't returned to the car within the 1hr time frame, just been going back sometime later when the radio is off.... I'll try this!

Edward9th

Jul 22, 2009
Dorset
I second what Dervpower said. This is given as the procedure after the battery has been off (or flat). If you still get 'Safe', either the code is wrong or there's a fault. BTW I don't think I've seen '2000', but only '1000', as per the book. This also says 'Press until you hear the signal' (OWTTE). Perhaps some people have given it a momentary flick, which won't work.

edjb95

Once you've entered in the code, hold down "SCAN" and not "PROG" as the maual says.... It is wrong!!!
You have just made my son VERY HAPPY. We have been at this for hours following the manual! How could it be so wrong ...... ? Great forum, been very helpful.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members