Alignment settings

lard-ajc

Nov 22, 2007
Leicestershire
I'm planning to get the alignment sorted on my '06 TDi Sport (inner edge of rear tyres wearing very quickly).

Does the sport chassis have significant differences to the Stylance that it's based on that I should make sure the garage are aware of?

Guessing it's a camber problem -can the camber be adjusted on my car?

thanks for any info

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
i just had my cupra done on a hunter 4 wheel laser alignment , best £60 i have spent , handling has improved drastically , just tell them what model you have mate their database is massive , i used HI Q in nottingham if thats local to you.

Paulki

Jul 12, 2006
Enfield
I had 4 wheel laser alignment (Hunter, I think) done on my TFSI Sport about a year ago as the tyres were wearing on the inner edges, the guy said they were all with-in manufacturers tolerences, and now the tyres are nearly bald on the inner edge. It just about managed to scrape through its MoT 3 months ago.

Seems that the factory settings have a lot of camber for handling, but with the penalty of uneven tyre wear?

I do have non-standard Koni FSD and Eibach Pro suspension, so I don't know if that makes any difference; perhaps someone can advise whether you need to adjust the standard settings if the car is lowered?

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
I had 4 wheel laser alignment (Hunter, I think) done on my TFSI Sport about a year ago as the tyres were wearing on the inner edges, the guy said they were all with-in manufacturers tolerences, and now the tyres are nearly bald on the inner edge. It just about managed to scrape through its MoT 3 months ago.

Seems that the factory settings have a lot of camber for handling, but with the penalty of uneven tyre wear?

I do have non-standard Koni FSD and Eibach Pro suspension, so I don't know if that makes any difference; perhaps someone can advise whether you need to adjust the standard settings if the car is lowered?

No it doesn't make any difference if the car is on Standard or non Standard suspension as they would have aligned the car using the standard settings.
Anyhoo, found this in Briskoda for the Octavia but it would apply for any MK5 platform:

Octavia II (2004-) Sports Suspension RS (2UC)

Front
Camber 0°41’ ± 0°30’
Caster 7°47’ ± 0°30’
Toe 0°05’ ± 0°05’
Total Toe 0°10’ ± 0°10’
Steer Ahead 0°00’ ± 0°03’

Rear
Camber 1°20’ ± 0°30’ (These are the revised settings)
Toe 0°05’ ± 0°05’
Total Toe 0°10’ ± 0°10’
Thrust angle 0°00’ ± 0°20’

All figures shown in degrees and minutes.

Alex

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
No it doesn't make any difference if the car is on Standard or non Standard suspension as they would have aligned the car using the standard settings.
Anyhoo, found this in Briskoda for the Octavia but it would apply for any MK5 platform:

Octavia II (2004-) Sports Suspension RS (2UC)

Front
Camber 0°41’ ± 0°30’
Caster 7°47’ ± 0°30’
Toe 0°05’ ± 0°05’
Total Toe 0°10’ ± 0°10’
Steer Ahead 0°00’ ± 0°03’

Rear
Camber 1°20’ ± 0°30’ (These are the revised settings)
Toe 0°05’ ± 0°05’
Total Toe 0°10’ ± 0°10’
Thrust angle 0°00’ ± 0°20’

All figures shown in degrees and minutes.

Alex

The front castor setting you have noted there , is that for both sides being the same?
i am sure i have 1 in red and 1 in green , just checked 1 green (left side) 7.26 the other (right side) in red is 7.02 is that right?

Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham
The front castor setting you have noted there , is that for both sides being the same?
i am sure i have 1 in red and 1 in green , just checked 1 green (left side) 7.26 the other (right side) in red is 7.02 is that right?

For the Caster to be 'in the green' it has to be between 7.17 and 7.77 from table above with 7.47 being the ideal (but be aware these are the setting for a Skoda and I think the tolerances from the 'ideal' differ on a LEON)

You probably have the same report I do which suggests (for caster) on the leon cupra 7.17 to 8.17 therefore ideal being 7.67

Seeing as you had yours done at Hi-Q and presumably set to the same as mine (Leon 2006- : Sport Suspension (G50, G51, G63)) then these are the ranges with the 'ideal' in brackets, based from outside to in;

Hopefully they are based off the correct report!

Front
Camber: -0.11 to -1.11 (-0.61)
Caster: 8.17 to 7.17 (7.67)
Toe: 0.00 to 0.10 (0.05)
Total Toe: 0.00 to 0.20 (0.10)
Steer Ahead: -0.03 to 0.03 (0.00)

Rear
Camber:-0.50 to -1.50 (-1.00)
Toe:0.00 to 0.10 (0.05)
Total Toe:0.00 to 0.20 (0.10)
Thrust Angle: -0.20 to 0.20 (0.00)

Caster is not adjustable on our cars and like me your outside of the range. Maybe some stiffer polybushes might bring the caster in but i'm no expert!

Does anyone know what the correct setting are for the Cupra Mk2 as I'm worried now that both my car (and possibly robs) have been set to an outdated report!

if ideal rear camber is 1.20 (and not MINUS 1.20) then i'm going to experience poor tyre wear/handling.

Eeek, worried now!

Last edited:

IanG

Aug 23, 2007
Here's mine had it done at Revolution Motorsport in Gateshead

img008.jpg

They said that the Caster setting on the front couldn't be adjusted and wouldn't make that much difference anyway

zukit

Anyone have a published set of numbers for the SEAT LEON MK2 or do we accept that those shown in the thread from Briskoda are what we should work to?

Facing the same dilemma as I did today alignment settings for my MK2 FR and the DB figures where showing from "2006-" for the model of year.

So, did anyone do some catching-up on whether we should consider new figures for the MK2?

10x

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
When looking on the erWin Seat Technical Site, my FR TDI 2008 is listed as having G63 suspension which according to other sources is the cupra suspension and not the sports suspension..........

G63 L DFV Front shock absorption

UC4 L DFH Rear sports shock absorption

so not sure what the right alignment settings are for my car.... mite drop seat customer service an email asking for alignment settings

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.