PD170 Stuttering Problem Solved

ash101

May 6, 2010
Neath
Just wondering if theres any benefits in doing this mod on any fr tdi whether its stuttering or not.Would the car run smoother/better??
Also could it cause dpf issues or incrEase/decrease MPG or BHP

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
The engine should run smoother, Complete removal of EGR system results in Lower temperatures

Im not sure about DPF Issues it shouldn't

Basically i would say if its not broke then dont fix it.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
The lower temps would worry me a bit because obviously the DPF needs the higher temps to regen. I think I might steer clear of this until such a time I get DPF removal.

daz_pd

Apr 15, 2007
N.Ireland
just thought I would put up my experience. Ive had one on my PD140 for almost a year now, it sorted my "constant rev stutter" that I had exeperienced on occasion. noticed the car is a little smoother also, possibly a smidge better on fuel also.
prob the cheapest mod you can do!
purchased from Dave at Sere.

stephenh

Jan 31, 2010
Nottinghamshire
I'd be very interested in trying this, mine is a pain in the ar$e in 1st and 2nd goes then judder/drop in the revs then goes goes again, more of a hesistant if this is right? The studder i used to experience in 5th/6th was mainly on the motorway and just cruising, if you went to put your footdown it would quickly judder about 4/5 times then go, but to be honest ive not had this happen for some time now.

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
them symptoms are exactly the same as mine!

The gasket seems to have fixed them all so for £2 i would definitely try it

stephenh

Jan 31, 2010
Nottinghamshire
Cheers Andrew, Ill give it a try.
Going off subject, but the uprated clutch made a difference, bit more of a bite when I change gears now and no more slipping off the mark.

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Which did you got for in the end? Just a Sachs uprated one?

Im looking at Paddle Clutch + SMF

stephenh

Jan 31, 2010
Nottinghamshire
Ive ordered the gasket so ill give it ago.
Yes went for the sachs one, i stayed with the dmf though. Got a new one on it as well, as im nearly hitting 52k and thought well i may as well swap it as well. Its a fair bit stiffer than the oem and took a good 2k to bed it in but its going well... I can imagine thats got some bite to it, im sure it will prob take more touque than mine as well, but I dont think ill be trying to push any more power through it, considering a full system when mine starts to die, but just some of the miltek comments are putting me off with them blowing.?

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Yeh i think mines got a small leak in it on a joint!

i might just go for Paddle Clutch+ Uprated cover and DMF dunno yet

Seanus

Hi there had same problem with my 170 FR. Car was going into limp mode, Taken EGR off and cleaned it. You would not believe the muck inside, why they put these EGR valves on i dont know, Dirty exhaust gases running back through the engine as got to be bad. Anyway could not believe the difference afterwards.

stephenh

Jan 31, 2010
Nottinghamshire
Is it easy to get the EGR off?

Hi there had same problem with my 170 FR. Car was going into limp mode, Taken EGR off and cleaned it. You would not believe the muck inside, why they put these EGR valves on i dont know, Dirty exhaust gases running back through the engine as got to be bad. Anyway could not believe the difference afterwards.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
SEAT mechanic told me there was no point cleaning the EGR on the PD170 because once they're buggered, they're buggered!

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
if you keep it fairly clean tho it wont get buggered :cartman:

but yeh i agreee once there buggered then get it removed :D

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
got the gasket today, will fit at weekend, cannot be arsed to mess about in the dark

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.