Broken wheel hub?

dh00001

Aug 11, 2009
Noticed earlier that one of my wheel bolts is missing. Cursing the local kids I tried to put a new one in but it just endlessly spins but doesnt tighten. Is this going to be a new hub job?
If so hows it easy to do myself

jamie1

Sep 28, 2010
south east
i would say so mate. unless you have access to a press i dont think you will be able to change the hub flange as you will need a new wheel bearing aswell and the bearings are pressed in.

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Changing the hub is easy enough, the best option is to buy a second hand one, the problem with the flanges is they get stuck in the bearings, when i changed my LC hubs to LCR ones i wanted to put new bearings in i managed to get the one side separated but couldn't do the other one so had to buy a new flange-£70 from Sere motors (in the dealers section) you dont need a press though i did all the bearing my self, i took the problem hub to a garage and they couldn't get it off either, so i would have had to get the flange anyway. if you bought a second hand one and were happy with the bearing it is a straight bolt on job prob 2 hrs, its when you want to change the bearings you can have problems.

Last edited:

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Changing the hub is easy enough, the best option is to buy a second hand one, the problem with the flanges is they get stuck in the bearings, when i changed my LC hubs to LCR ones i wanted to put new bearings in i managed to get the one side separated but couldn't do the other one so had to buy a new flange-£70 from Sere motors (in the dealers section) you dont need a press though i did all the bearing my self, i took the problem hub to a garage and they couldn't get it off either, so i would have had to get the flange anyway. if you bought a second hand one and were happy with the bearing it is a straight bolt on job prob 2 hrs, its when you want to change the bearings you can have problems.
I am sure i could probably split it for you if you still have it phill
Beastly hydraulic press will make or break it

oldskool

helicoil it mate, would be more than strong enough, theres 4 others that are holding the wheel on too, i thought they were m12 by 1.5. Maybe on second thoughts that was the older passat that I had

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.