Engine Jerk when wet

EKE Ibiza

Jul 10, 2009
Devon
www.art-graphy.co.uk
Hey guys,

Tried a search but weren't actually sure what to search for.

It developed a month or so back when it rained a lot. I'll try and describe the issue. When cold and wet the engine will jerk and cause the whole car to bump/rock/vibrate. Extremely sluggish as well in any gear. Sounds rather rough as well. Had the AA out once but typically when at temp it goes away so they couldn't diagnose it. He said perhaps dirty fuel (ruled that one out), Cat (but replaced that 8000 miles ago), possibly a misfire?

I've booked it into a full service on monday.

Oh its a 1.4 cool/s

Does it sound like a misfire? Drives fine when at temp.

EKE Ibiza

Jul 10, 2009
Devon
www.art-graphy.co.uk
The problem has developed again what with the cold weather. Had it serviced about 5k ago and was fine. This morning it's been the worse it's ever been. If you accelerate the whole car will stutter and shudder until the engine is at temp. It also stalls first time every morning. Yesterday it was about to stall so I tried pumping the accelerator but the revs wouldn't move off idle.

Starting to get seriously fed up with the car. New tyre, new headlight bulbs, £250 service, £400 mot, new lock repair kit. A serious amount of money has been spent this year.

Any ideas?

EKE Ibiza

Jul 10, 2009
Devon
www.art-graphy.co.uk
I haven't yet, by plugs, are they the ones to the right of the engine? Rubber pipes tubes that go along the engine cover? (novice when it comes to cars)

To get access to the spark plugs do i have to take off the engine cover?

EKE Ibiza

Jul 10, 2009
Devon
www.art-graphy.co.uk
Took it down to a garage yesterday to have a look. Apparently its the coil pack and a spark lead thats knackered. Not happy with the previous garage who obviously ignored this problem when I had it serviced.

Asked for a pre m.o.t as well as I'm thinking of getting a new car. Spent a fortune on it this year, worked out its cost me £1400.

Looking into a Citroen C4 1.6 VTR+

EKE Ibiza

Jul 10, 2009
Devon
www.art-graphy.co.uk
Why? What French car did you have?

Parents a fews ago owned a Renault Laguna which went back to the garage after a week because it broke down every 40miles.

My neighbour has a new c5 estate and swears by it.

dalegolf215

UNbanned
Jun 3, 2010
Rov'rum
i had a c2 vtr which tbf never went wrong but it was only a year old and i only had it for 6 months
then i had a 307 and the dash was like a christmas tree with warning lights it was 1 electrical fault after another

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.