My Black LCR

chrisr45

Jul 2, 2008
Middleton/Rochdale
Cheers for the replys Guys,

So far all its got is a Forge 007p re-circ valve, Stage 1 map, De-lock kit, Seat Sport Gear knob.

Dont want to go any lower as Im already scraping the splitter like mad getting on & off the driveway!

At the moment im looking towatds a Jetex filter, Some silicone hoses & possibly a TIP

chrisr45

Jul 2, 2008
Middleton/Rochdale
Fitted a new Battery Today as it seemed a little slow in turning over this morning, Whilst I had the bonnet open & the old Battery off I thought I would have a look at smoothing the Air box,

Opened it up to find its fitted with a Pipercross Panel filter

Last edited:

t32er

Fitted a new Battery Today as it seemed a little slow in turning over this morning, Whilst I had the bonnet open & the old Battery off I thought I would have a look at smoothing the Air box,

Opened it up to find its fitted with a Pipercross Panel filter

get rid of the fogs, then whak a 3inch feed to the air box, smooth it out whilst it off!!!
also a dog bone mount (gearbox to chasis) stops the wheel hop gets more power on the road. look in to the N249 bypass and maybe look in to N75 swaps with the N75J or N75H **dont bother with the ECS race valve its a J with the connecter the right way around**
could be worth checking what spring is in the 007 too, alot of us at stage 1 and above have changed to a yellow spring, better response and holds boost better.
front uper brace is good too, but this is just me,
your still have loads of money left after doing the above as the brace will be the dearest thing on the list and depending on what one ya get they can be found from 40 quid...

chrisr45

Jul 2, 2008
Middleton/Rochdale
Finally got round to fitting my Parrot Bluetooth kit today, Took the Glovebox out to route the wiring nice & neat & cam across this

80d7d927.jpg

Judging from the rather thick Blue power lead its had a stereo system fitted at some point.

Also ordered some new speakers from TPS, I was going to replace the whole lot with aftermarket ones but found out I need speaker adapters so the speakers would be at least £40 a pair then £16 a pair for the adapters.

The genuine ones are £60 a pair & as I wasnt planning on fitting a loud system then the standard ones will be fine

t32er

standard system is spot on, i felt that it was nearly as good as all the weight, i mean speakers i had in my focus...
if you going cone filter, make sure you get a good air feed to it!! way to much heat to be soaked up under that hood!!!

hudson82

Mar 29, 2010
luton
standard system is spot on, i felt that it was nearly as good as all the weight, i mean speakers i had in my focus...
if you going cone filter, make sure you get a good air feed to it!! way to much heat to be soaked up under that hood!!!

totally agree, my last rolling road day i was told that i was down on power because of the heat soak from the open cone, so ive smoothed the airbox out and tbh it seems better than the open cone and more agressive only down side is it doesnt sound as good!

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
yeah but on a rolling road your not getting the air movement you would on the road, i think a us guy did a massive test on it, only time heatsoak came into it was when he hit slow moving traffic, but cooled right down once on the move again

hudson82

Mar 29, 2010
luton
not to sure but i will let you know if my figures are better unless you are coming on the
20th to AMD?

t32er

it is true, i guy on a mk4 forum did it too, low down the open cone is normally turd any way due to lack of air movment and the heat, but pnce moving the open cone is good but it is due to the movment of the air, rollers cnag get the air in the same movment as driving, have you still got your under tray on? that has some vents under it forcing air up in to the bay, but the air from the fans isnt strongenough nor as dence to go up in to them, im on a smooth box and green filter but iv got a neuspeed cone to go on it as i like the sound... will be doing a 3inch feed from the fog light grill and a heat gard though to help as much as pos

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members