Turbosmart owners

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Just a quick question about these dv, do these tend to leak on boost and is their power loss from these? :rolleyes:

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
Just a quick question about these dv, do these tend to leak on boost and is their power loss from these? :rolleyes:

i tryed one of these bud and i found that both of what you said happend to me so i changed back to the good old 007p

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Come on Big D, had mine on for 3years + with no problems, go buy one & we relocate to coldside

Yeh im just wanting a little change (goin to a phase atm lol)....

i have one and it seems fine, though how would you know if it was leaking or causing power loss? is the coldside mod worth it? seems expencive for what it is

Thats what i want to know, if there any loss by runnin 50/50 dv, possible on paper [B)]

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
I ran mine fine without problems for a good few months

Then started getting the stalling problem, dodgy idle and bad eggy smells on boost that was with the valve wound all the way in aswell

Put the 007p on and it was a different car so i stuck with that in the end!

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
I ran mine fine without problems for a good few months

Then started getting the stalling problem, dodgy idle and bad eggy smells on boost that was with the valve wound all the way in aswell

Put the 007p on and it was a different car so i stuck with that in the end!

found the same things with me

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
Took mine off in the end. Was nice and loud etc but car seemed to lag a bit more with it on compaired to the 007p even tried doing it all the way up to tight and it made no odds.

Jul 21, 2010
right is the turbosmart dv louder than the 007, and some people say the turbosmart dv is good and some dont ummmmm dont know what to think

Dabbalz

Sep 7, 2010
West Yorkshire
right, this is the deal.
The 007P is a closed loop valve (recirculating) like the OE valve. This gives less lag as it keeps the turbo spinning in the same way as an atmospheric (vents to air) valve but also puts the air back to the turbo intake pipe meaning less air loss and it helps keep the compressor spinning with the jet of air back into the turbo intake pipe. Less turbo lag resulting but very little sound unless you have an induction kit!

The turbo smart and split R vent part to atmosphere and part recirculating meaning more air loss and less jet of air into the turbo intake pipe so more lag. You can not adjust the valve for a louder sound as this is determined by the size, shape, and position of the atmospheric opening etc. This valve can become dirty overtime and stick open causing power loss. A good clean with WD40 worked on my Split-R when my Colt CZT lost power.

If either Recirculating only (007P) or the Split R/Turbosmart are not set up right - Too stiff (Turbo, intake manifold damage or detonation due to high pressure) or too slack (power loss due to the valve opening when on full boost instead of on lifting off accelerator when pressure builds up to high levels).

Depends on what your after.
-If you can handle a bit more lag and want the sound then go for a split recirculation and atmospheric valve, set it up right and you won't damage your turbo or loose any power at all.
-If you want it to run the same or have slightly less lag a high capacity recirculation valve like the 007P will give you exactly that but not much sound at all, unless fitted along with an induction kit, even then you'll struggle to hear it (compared to a split recirculation/atmospheric valve).

An atmospheric only valve is no use for newer cars as they require an amount of recirculation to keep the ECU happy. An atmospheric valve was an addition to an older car in conjunction with the wastegate (the valve that diverts exhaust gas around the turbo when you lift off the loud pedal).

Hope this helps!

ndbrgr

THFC
Jul 21, 2008
Kent
If you want it to run the same or have slightly less lag a high capacity recirculation valve like the 007P will give you exactly that but not much sound at all, unless fitted along with an induction kit, even then you'll struggle to hear it (compared to a split recirculation/atmospheric valve).

Not much sound and struggle to hear it? I've got a 007p and its deafening! I made a couple of girls scream by changing gear next to them.

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
Not much sound and struggle to hear it? I've got a 007p and its deafening! I made a couple of girls scream by changing gear next to them.

yea i was going to say something along the same lines

my 007p with an open cone filter is bloody loud

Dabbalz

Sep 7, 2010
West Yorkshire
I'd have to hear it as i've seen plenty of cars running closed loop valves and they are no where near as loud as an atmospheric valve due to the sound being deadened by the air filter which is the reason a induction kit helps you to hear it more. Unless things have changed.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members