Mo's Mk1 Leon Cupra - THE END....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Think it's time I invested in VAG COM. What's the best VAG COM version to purchase?

and

Can anyone recommend where to get the parts needed, listed above?

Feb 28, 2010
Southampton
Ok, to help you a wee bit mate:

1. Coil Packs (Complete) - genuine!!
2. Oil - Millers, or I personally use castrol edge 5w30
3. MAF - BOSH!!
4. Service Parts - more details?

To Come:

Front and Rear Strut Braces - rear custom hughes engineering, ill find his email and ping it over, front adj A3 one. Fits lovely and taken alot of track abuse and hasnt missed a beat - plus easy to fit, then wind on the pressure!
Side Skirts - Facelift / flea bay
Coil Overs - Koni, or budget, JOM are showing alot of love now!!
Detailing - too broad, chrome will suit yours ;) and a paint brush to dust!

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
lol thanks guy's

I've already got the side skirts! genuine oem ones, they are in red atm, waiting to get them painted

and

I've already got the front and rear strut braces.

Thanks, i'll go for the genuine coil packs, personally wanted bolt down ones

I heard you can trade your old genuine MAF for a new one?

Deleted member 60700

looks good mate with fr front thought mite look odd without skirts etc but its all good, tip looks like a good investment too

p9ve

mate when you said about the lcr pissing all over a lcr look a like thats not always true as my yellow one was just a leon cupra and changed it to a lcr look a like and still kick my friends lcr 280bhp as seen @ GTI inters 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tKo4FCcf8w

and theres your result. but whats yours running now in power wise matey

p9ve

the bumper was put on after the race due to beating most cupra r's that day so thought it would fit in with the r bumpers ha ha. as you can see im changing my other seat leon cupra to a cupra r again ha ha must say your car is looking sweet

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
UPDATES!

After a few months of horrid weather and my need to seclude myself from the rest of the world! Here is how she looks currently, don't quote me, but I think I am the FIRST LC owner to put on Ibiza Bocanegra alloys!:

IMAG1299.jpg

IMAG1305.jpg

IMAG1308.jpg

IMAG1309.jpg

IMAG1300.jpg

Also as you can see I have sorted out the pipe on the FMIC, nicely tucked away now:

IMAG1301.jpg

Loads more to come:

LC/LCR Side Skirts, I have them but they are in Red, waiting for them to be painted black

Front and rear strut braces, I also have these, ain't had a change to put them on, one of the main reasons why is that my Intercooler piping is coming in the way what would be the front strut brace, I'm trying to figure out a way around that.

Bigger tyres, these 17's look smaller then my previous 16's, because they have low profile tyres, will be changing to higher profile tyres, I'm sticking with 17" wheel size

Lowering, un-decided yet, should I go for springs or a budget coil-over set.

BUT yes it's a BIG but, before all of that, the car NEEDS a service, engine is running rough, the IDLE is horrible have the following fault codes:

P0030
P0135
P0171

After a bit of research I think the first two are related to me having a pure de-cat, the one after comes factory standard so.... I have decided to purchase the following for a MAJOR'ish service:

1. New MAF
2. New Coil-Packs
3. New 02 Sensor
4. Mobil 1 Oil

Until I sort the above out, I won't be touching the cosmetics, I think it looks good as it is!

Mo

Last edited:

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
looks good mate.. gave me some good ideas:)

Thanks mate

Forgot to mention above, more plans:

Fit catch can, already bought and totally remove the PCV system, I know there are loads of detaied guides but I still can't get the jist of it.

Remove N249, again this will be part of removing the PCV system

In the future, perhaps custom FMIC piping, much like adamcupra had, (totally awesome LC btw, one of the best ever here) shame his piping was one off

SalSheikh

Under the Hood
Sep 2, 2009
Midlands, UK
i measured fro the bottom of the hatch and used masking tape as a gauide to make sure it was central and level. the c u p r a badge is spaced so that part is easy enough.

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members