Mo's Mk1 Leon Cupra - THE END....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Just read the thread. Big effort. You must be pleased with results.
I like the Boc wheels. Car needs lowering though :)

Hi mate, thanks I'm well pleased with the results thus far, yes I have plans for lowering, I'm un-decided, budget coil overs or springs.

I really do think the BOC wheels suite the car well, I wish they cam in 18" !, im going to loose the low profile tyres and put some 45's (like the standard 17" star fish alloys tyre size) to even them out a little, I think it will look great.

I have loads more work to do yet.

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Trying to sort out as much as possible before servicing, I decided to bite the bullet and do the n249 Bypass, and here it is:

IMAG1397.jpg

I also cleaned the MAF sensor with some carb cleaner, it didn't do much and I still have a really rough IDLE, various fault codes had popped before the bypass which are still there. I think I need a new 02 sensor

As you can see from the above, here are some more detailed pictures of how I did the N249 Bypass:

Blocked these two hoses:

IMAG1473.jpg

Was I suppose to cut and block these two?:

IMAG1483.jpg

This is how the hose(s) now run:

IMAG1479.jpg

Top T going to boost gauge, the bottom T is going to the DV:

bypass.jpg

Last edited:

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Don't buy budget coilovers Mo they go hard as fook after a short while and corrode bad, either a decent set of springs/dampners or fork out some extra dosh for coilies.

Hi mate, long time!, where you been? I heard you got rid of your car, shame It was nice, What ya got now?

What make springs / shocks would you recommend?

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Re-done the DV relocation, the first time I did it I removed it the next day! (pictured in previous pages) reason for this was because of the 'flutter' sound it was making was scaring me, since then and a whole lot of different peoples opinions, research the flutter sound is apparently normal, so here I am again, albiet this time more tidier with a different hose:

IMAG1405.jpg

IMAG1419.jpg

Oh and I changed all the odd blue silicon hoses for black ones *cough* , looks ace to me

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Forgot to mention / put up pictures of my new exhaust system, Milltek non-res:

IMAG1227.jpg

IMAG1310.jpg

It's no where near as loud as my previous one, it doesn't pop or bang, just sounds like the standard exhaust but louder (kinda sucks)

kineticz

Forever moddin'
Jul 23, 2008
Shropshire
www.wepaintanypart.co.uk
Hi mate, long time!, where you been? I heard you got rid of your car, shame It was nice, What ya got now?

What make springs / shocks would you recommend?

Yeah sold up mate bought a lil Clio '02 dci :p Planning to get another/newer Leon later this year though.

I can't really recommend any decent springs from experience but I can advise to avoid the cheap sets which I have tried and tested. I had some jamex coilovers, £200 a set new, 5000 miles on they were badly corroded and very rigid. Before that I had a fixed 40mm suspension kit from germany and that was horrid.

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Nice work MO, but you really need a gloss black rocker cover now ;)

Cheers, You reckon? I'm not really into engine dressing up, I like to keep things looking simple / discreet, but yeah It could look good with a black rocker cover, matt black?

true, Mo I might have a painted engine cover in gloss black available cheap (also have the smaller trim at the front of the engine too) and also have a polished rocker and inlet mani too...

Thanks mate, Un-decided on whether I want to do the rocker cover black yet, if anything it would have to be matt black.

I've got all the plastic trims, I've just removed them to gain better access, they are more of a obstruction then anything else, maybe put them back on once i'm fully done.

Yeah sold up mate bought a lil Clio '02 dci :p Planning to get another/newer Leon later this year though.

I can't really recommend any decent springs from experience but I can advise to avoid the cheap sets which I have tried and tested. I had some jamex coilovers, £200 a set new, 5000 miles on they were badly corroded and very rigid. Before that I had a fixed 40mm suspension kit from germany and that was horrid.

Newer? mk1 or mk2? you had some skills man, paint work was top notch. Be could to see you back.

Good coil overs are well expensive mate, I can't justify spending that much but I agree with the principle of buying better quality items

kineticz

Forever moddin'
Jul 23, 2008
Shropshire
www.wepaintanypart.co.uk
Newer? mk1 or mk2? you had some skills man, paint work was top notch. Be could to see you back.

Good coil overs are well expensive mate, I can't justify spending that much but I agree with the principle of buying better quality items

Mk1 again mate best shape just a newer plate :)

In that case I'd definitely opt for a good quality set of fixed dampers/springs over cheap coilies.

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
UPDATE!

I thought Sam's (Pyro) car was a boost leak machine, looks like mines worse! some of you may already know by reading my thread(s) in the main section that I'm experiencing constant limp mode with my car, yes you read right, no turning the car off and back on again, no resetting the ecu, no clearing the faults, just constant limp mode, my car's only boosting @ 0.4 BAR MAX! it's driving me nuts!, I had a few fault codes:

17524 - Sorted
17511 - Sorted
17608 - Sorted
17705 - Sorted

After spending a small fortune £££

1. Brand New Bosch MAF - fitted, not cure the problem

2. Brand New pre-cat 02 sensor, cured the 17524 and 17511 codes

OLD 02 SENSOR:

IMAG0041.jpg

NEW 02 SENSOR:

IMAG0044.jpg

3. Fitted resistor after removal of the n249 valve, cured the 17608 code

DSCN0056.jpg

Will tidy it up some other time, it's doing the job for the moment.

4. Removed the DV relocation again! back to normal place, did not cure problem

5. Tried standard DV instead of Forge 007p, did not cure problem

DSCN0054.jpg

As you can see, I've tidied up the DV area ;) , can anyone spot what I've done?! but yeah, did not cure anything

6. Bought VCDS 10.6.2 , done a throttle body reset, did not cure problem

Scan only results in one fault code: 17705

7. Fixed 1 out of 2 boost leaks under the inlet manifold, did not cure problem

8. Changed some hosing around turbo to uprated ones, did not cure problem

9. Bought a brand new genuine n75 E valve (E replaces the F apparently):

IMAG0047.jpg

Not fitted yet, I'm guessing this won't cure the problem either, but changed it for the sake of it

After all this.... 17705 is still there and .... still 0.4 Bar of MAX BOOST :(

By the time this is all over, I'm going to be bankrupt!

Last edited:

SalSheikh

Under the Hood
Sep 2, 2009
Midlands, UK
Mo, feel sorry for you mate after you've tried allsorts!. I'm in the same predicament as my car still overfuels like mad and now drinks oil like made. my choice - engine replacement as i have had enough. luckily for me i found a 41k engine for £400 (minus turbo) from a friend.

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Mo, feel sorry for you mate after you've tried allsorts!. I'm in the same predicament as my car still overfuels like mad and now drinks oil like made. my choice - engine replacement as i have had enough. luckily for me i found a 41k engine for £400 (minus turbo) from a friend.

I feel sorry for my self now Sal!, this is driving me insane. I'm running out of options

New engine?! have it checked out fully before you go and do that, what's the millennia on yours mate? if you going new engine, I'd do a LCR set-up, bigger turbo etc, no point sticking with the K03S if your planning on doing a engine swap.

SalSheikh

Under the Hood
Sep 2, 2009
Midlands, UK
mine has only done 90k but tried all sorts now and also running out of ideas. only reason for the swap is cos its cheap and in good working order. i wish i could plant an LCR engine in but cant afford it tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.