How many people plan to install a Cupra R style exhaust on their MK2 Leon

Al

Aug 29, 2005
And will it be the OEM SEAT item or aftermarket one?

Curious to know. I know I will be doing this as soon as a decent aftermarket one becomes available. My diffuser is painted and ready to fit :)

P13ULC

Nov 29, 2010
Preston
I'd like to get the Milltek one and buy the OEM diffuser just a pricey modification which need to be bought at same time. Not good when saving for a house and I'm sure the sound won't go un noticed by the girlfriend, lol.

Sep 5, 2009
Midlands
I'm gonna do this, but get a custom exhaust made, after I've paid holidays and other essential things (according to the missus), was hoping for an aftermarket panel/diffuser because around £180 for it is kinda steep.

Deleted member 53697

would love to put its an expensive thing to do as diffuser and exhaust have to be fitted at the same time... i was thinking it might be an oppertunity to run STRAIGHT PIPES though ;)

S2TTB

The fake K1...
Apr 28, 2008
Glesga
Suppose this comes under a similar guise as the Aero kit/K1 hating topics...

"nothing i hate more than making a car look like something it isn't. If you want your car to look like X car, go buy one"

Deleted member 53697

There is such little difference between a Cupra and a Cupra R that I think that it's a bit unfair to say, "If you want your car to look like an R then you should have bought that instead..."

It's a bit like putting an R32 rear bumper on an Ed30. They look dead smart and there are a lot more 300bhp+ Ed30's than R32's...

I thin that if the performance can match the looks then it's completley fine.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Suppose this comes under a similar guise as the Aero kit/K1 hating topics...

"nothing i hate more than making a car look like something it isn't. If you want your car to look like X car, go buy one"

Absolutely agree. However, the diffuser is listed as a SEAT option in their catalogue and online, just as the Aero kit is availble for Ecomotive models. To have it fitted to a car from the factory, it would cost £5k over the Cupra even though it has the same engine and turbo.

The difference lies when you badge it as something its not.

Agreed with Pat above.

S2TTB

The fake K1...
Apr 28, 2008
Glesga
There is such little difference between a Cupra and a Cupra R that I think that it's a bit unfair to say, "If you want your car to look like an R then you should have bought that instead..."

It's a bit like putting an R32 rear bumper on an Ed30. They look dead smart and there are a lot more 300bhp+ Ed30's than R32's...

I thin that if the performance can match the looks then it's completley fine.

Its just the same as someone fitting the aero kit and being told they have a fake K1 etc. Your example above, an ED or GTI with a 32 rear end will always be easily identifiable from a Full 32. THe Cupra and Cupra R look pretty much identical.

It seems to be certain things are accepted on here and others are totally frowned upon - with the attitude of "i dont like this/think u should have it... so you shouldnt do it/have it"

All IMO ofcourse, which ofcourse is not allowed in this section :happy:

Al

Aug 29, 2005
The beauty of these forums is that you can express an opinion or thought whether its right wrong or indifferent.

Just because someone doesn't like something you do doesn't mean they are not entitled to their opinion on it. Its called Freedom of speech :).

Deleted member 53697

Plus if it's over the internet, you can be as rude or as obnoxious as you want without the fear of the social akwardness involved with ever having to meet the person you are insulting... forums FTW! lol

Deleted member 53697

Haters_Gonna_Hate_23.jpg

Vaguely on-topic again though... are any of you considering trying to retrofit the special "engine noise enhancer" stuff? I understand it's essentially a subwoofer attached to the ECU that helps make the noise in the cabin more special by judging the throttle/revs/whatever and making some appropriate additions to the engine noise artificially. Used in some recent VW and Seat cars (e.g. mk2 LCR, Ibiza Bocanegra, etc).

I remember when the mk2 LCR was first released, all the reviewers bar none mentioned how amazing the engine noise was... so assuming the fantastic noise is at least part of the motivation to fit an R-style exhaust (not just power), it might be worth investigating how easy it would be to retrofit the noise-maker thingey? :think:

(And that *is* something I'd like in my Ecomotive for giggles!)

Al

Aug 29, 2005
I have it on mine as factory fit, and would be happy to disable it being honest. Sounded great until I knew it was fake :lol:

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
A lot of the discussion over the K1/BTCC kit is about the look of it rather than retrofitting it to another model - Seat themselves screwed that up the day they put it on different models from new.

I think the diffuser looks great but personally think it should stay on the LCR. In my eyes much the same as people putting the old LCR MK1 bumpers on lower models, doesn't sit right.

However, I can fully understand why people go for it as it's a reasonable cost.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.