Status
Not open for further replies.

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Here you go Craig:

bc4.jpg

Not touching anything now! Thanks for pointing it out though. :)

RobDon

Pro Detailer
We'll see, those look terrible though eh, mind you the TT is heavier and the 5-pot engine is heavier as well. This comment was interesting though:

"I actually raced a 1500 kg 550hp 996 Porsche Turbo for 3 years on nothing but Yellowstuff and they were great - but the TTRS with it's weight up front is harsh on pads."

Plus the 'ring is a huge strain on brakes and must generate alot of heat, 13 miles per lap, huge fast straights and sweeping bends with hard braking all over the place.

Kerb weight of the TTRS is 1450kgs, in the book my car is 1308kgs (will be less due to lightweight seats and carbon bonnet). With the 5-pot engine it could be as much as 200kgs heavier than my car.

Last edited:

LEO-RS

Yep I agree, spotted that comment from him later, TT is 60/40 weight front/rear, 996 turbo will be the other way around so less weight up front and probably the reason he found them good on the Porsche.

The guy is a racing driver and the ring would exert extreme abuse on the brakes so I'd say you'll be alright with them.

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
Pic of the ATE brake fluid, one is tinted blue and one is gold. I *should* have Super Blue in there just now, so I'll flush it through with the Gold.

fluid1.jpg

I say *should* because I don't know if Star actually did change the fluid last time. I know they said they fitted Tarox pads on the rear brakes and I know this isn't true because they are OE ATE pads on the back, and I paid for Tarox pads!

the robbin' b:censored:s !!!! :ban:

have you pulled them up on it Rob?

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
Thats what makes the car so special when you do the work yourself unfortunately im not quite as mechanically minded as you so i usually get my mate to do the work.

Just out of interest Rob have you heard any good things about a place called Pistons & Components located near glasgow? Ive been thinking about taking my engine out and buying all the parts needed but get them to fit new rods and re hone the bores etc

IFlip92

Hey @RobDon I couldn't help but notice in this picture that you got rid of the fuse box and the annoying cover on top of the battery and I'm wondering how you done that? Where are they placed now?
0802.jpg

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Tried adjusting my boost today, but for some reason turning the Forge UNOS up made no difference whatsoever? After removing it, cleaning it up and swapping the spring out for the stronger one that comes with it, I went back out and hey presto, more boost again. After a few runs and some adjusting, it now peaks at 1.75 BAR and the car is flying again.

This might explain why my boost had dropped from 1.7 to 1.5 BAR just before the dyno day, trying to adjust it back up did nothing with the old spring in it - weird?

So my car made 323bhp at just 20psi with a failing/failed boost controller with a knackered spring. It's now at 25psi and feels stronger than ever! :D

Last edited:

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Dunno what is going on with my boost, but today it felt like something came unstuck and boost is now shooting up beyond 2 BAR! I think the wastegate actuator may have been jammed and now has suddenly become free again. With the stronger spring in the boost controller this has caused the boost to shoot up way too high now.

I have contacted Forge to ask about a new Forge actuator.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Rob, did you see Danny lads (might have been someone else) thread with his melted plastic piece in his actuator?
It didn't show up this type ofd problem but might be something to speak to Forge about during your conversations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.