FMIC fitted today

murray-cupra

Feb 23, 2011
Aberdeen
ye thats what i thought

ok maybe i should have a go at flipping mine round if it is upside down. might not make much difference...

that colour coded bump strip and SEAT badge in black look sick

murray-cupra

Feb 23, 2011
Aberdeen
ye think that looks well smart.

il maybe have a go at it sometime soon but i've had enough of fannying around with the bumper and cooler this week! :p

miller 666

Dec 4, 2009
Derbyshire
Looks Awsome! Just to confirm before I order mine you didn't moved the radiator at all just trimmed the bumper slightly and took the mesh out? I'm going to get some new mesh as i'd like to keep it looking stealthy!
Cheers

murray-cupra

Feb 23, 2011
Aberdeen
thats correct. i didnt move the radiator at all. just removed the honeycomb mesh and cut away a little of the bumper. it is tight though but you just need to persevere with it!

murray-cupra

Feb 23, 2011
Aberdeen
ye get it done! hopefully get some decent power gains
theres one already done mate. i dunno if the link works but il see if i can find it

mase

Nice one Murray.

I too am suffering the pain of fitting one of these at the moment - i made the mistake of not buying the kit thinking i knew better on fitament... Doh! It's cost me more in the long run.

I'm replacing a rather 'bent' Laguna FMIC fitted by a previous owner so i'll be keen to see if there are any gains to be had...

murray-cupra

Feb 23, 2011
Aberdeen
ah i see haha ye i thought i might as well buy the full kit as it would save some faffing around.

ok cool ye there seems to be plenty people on here who've tried the laguna jobby. there is a guide on fitting the laguna intercooler in the Infobase section of the seatcupra.net homepage. that would be worth a look at for some tips!

gregy_reynolds

Oct 5, 2010
Scotland
Aye bud a never cut my bumper atol! only thing i trimmed was the we plastic slot things to hold the plastic grill on, apart from that no trimmin atol so its still all tidy :D

Sentral

So, you've not noticed that much of a difference? Worth it?

they all a bit squiffy i thought the same thing when i fitted my intercooler lol
heres a piccy of mine only a slight bit of bumper trimming :)
P210311_2210_01.jpg

excuse the bent no plate lol
Niiice.