Modifications

mcdonald

mcdonald,

Hope you don't mind, but I've collated all of the various modifications listed in this thread, in to the first post! Keep it all in one 'easy to find' location ;)

Of course I don't mind about this. The idea about this topic is to collect all kind of information regarding modifications people have applied to their Exeo.

If anybody post a modification in this thread than add the following information please:
- part name
- part number (Audi or Seat)
- price
- shop or dealer (name, address, url)
- instructions for these mods.
- pictures!

Hope to replace some bulbs (DRL) by LEDs next week. Will come back to this when finished.

minimoff

Mar 22, 2011
does anybody know if there is a modification so that when u lock the car, your mirrors automatically wind in?

Loonyjuice

Dec 5, 2005
Warrington
does anybody know if there is a modification so that when u lock the car, your mirrors automatically wind in?

I asked my stealer about this and they claim it's only possible if you have electric seats with the memory function, which will adjust the mirrors too. However, what's possible with a VAG-COM is another matter...

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
Anti roll bar sizes - info

Data taken from the A4 B7 Forum

Stock rear ARB's are:
16mm - SE
18mm - S Line / Sport, this is also fitted to the Exeo sport saloon
20mm - S4
22mm - RS4, now fitted to my Sport tech 170

The fronts are big anyway and very little gain is made.
Will update this with equivelent EXEO model sizes when I get the info - unless any one else knows!!

Last edited:

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
1x Hook: EUR 14,50 / GBP 12,00
2x Screws: EUR 0,40
2x Nuts: EUR 0.70
The nuts are some kind of clips. In the trunk you'll find for each hook 2 square holes with a round hole next to it. Just slide the clip into the square hole that way the hole in the clip will be over the round hole.

Nut/clip:
clip.jpg

Just paid £4.60 ea for the retractable hooks - yet another item seat should have fitted as standard !!

mcdonald

Just paid £4.60 ea for the retractable hooks - yet another item seat should have fitted as standard !!
I found out that there are 2 drawings in the manual showing these hooks. It's the drawing that's mentioning the net for the boot.
Those hooks + mounting parts have a Seat number also.

I am still wondering why these items are even not mentioned in the accessoires brochure.

mcdonald

Hereby a description of the modifications I made to have the boot open automatically when unlocking the boot.

The remote control of the Seat Exeo has three functions:
1. Unlock all doors, trunk and fuel filler cap
2. Lock all doors, trunk and fuel filler cap
3. Unlock trunk.

As mention above, it is possible to unlock the trunk with the remote control. After this it can be opened manually.
By replacing the two hinges of the trunk lid with the types listed below it is possible that after unlocking the trunk the lid will open automatically like this movie shows.

What do we need?

Parts:
1x Hinge, right: 8E5827301H (GBP 26,--)
1x Hinge, left: 8E5827302H (GBP 26,--)
1x Cover, right: 8E5971822C (GBP 2,65)
1x Cover, left: 8E5971821C (GBP 2,65)
2x Spring: 4F5827665A (GBP 13,-- each)
2x Gas spring: 8E5827552K (GBP 21,-- each)
(all above part numbers are from Audi)

The left cover serves to protect the flexible tube containing the wires for the left inner rear lamp.
The cover for the right hinge is optional.

Tools:
1x socket wrench no. 13
1x ring spanner no. 13
1x screwdriver

Plus someone to assist you.

The hinges are supplied unpainted. So the first thing to do is painting the hinges in the same colour as the car.

IMG_1246.jpg

Disassembly and assembly

Start with the right hinge, the one without the plastic cover.

First the gas spring has to be removed. To do this use a screwdriver to turn away the metal clip at the end. Each gas spring has two of these clips.

A hinge is attached with two nuts (item 1 & 2) and 3 bolts (item 3, 4 and 5).
For the bolts, bolt no. 5 in particular, it is advisable to use the ring spanner to loosen.
Bolt no. 4 only needs a few turns and can continue to sit. The hinge is based on this bolt.
Remember the positions of the bolts and nuts.
If the original hinge is removed, the plastic items A and B have to be removed.
Item A should be transferred to the new hinge. Item B should be placed on the new hinge in case you don't use the optional cover.
Fit the new hinge on support bolt no. 4 and then tighten the two nuts (no. 1 and 2).
Tighten the bolts 3 and 5 slightly.
Place a spring with the flat side of the retaining ring toward the hinge.
Place the gas spring back.

With the left hinge we have to remove the plastic cover first.
Proceed as with the right hinge.
Finally, place the new left plastic cover.

Now the lid should be closed carefully. This is to see if the lid is levelled with the rest over the cars body.
If the lid is too high or low it should be corrected.
When the lid is aligned, all the bolts have to be tightened.

exeo_boot_01.jpg

Tips

- You need someone to assist you for holding the lid when changing out the hinges. This will prevent the other hinge to bend or the cover to fall down.
- Place a blanket or something on the rear window and the cars body to prevent them from damage.
- Put some grease (e.g. ball bearing grease) on the bolts before refitting. I had the impression that the bolts of my Exeo were slightly corroded.

More info

http://clubseatexeo.com/foro/index.php?topic=2240.0

Edit
At the moment the automatically opening of the boot works with original gas springs (art.no. 8E5827552J). Hopefully it keeps working. If not the gas springs have to be replaced these ones: 8E5827552K.
The 8E5827552K should actually be used with this modification.

Last edited:

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
Auto boot opening: NICE, seems to work well too and like your clear instructions too. Like your wheels, wish mine were like it !!

Last edited:

mcdonald

Today, the auto boot didn't work very well.
The first time unlocking the boot the lid didn't open. After closing it manually and unlocking it with the rc again, it opened completely finally.
This happened twice today.

Yesterday I ordered the correct gas springs (Audi art no. 8E5827552K) mentioned above. Hopefully that will solve it.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members