Finally joined the 500 club!(VIDEO ADDED)

caney

Apr 24, 2005
Well after a couple of years of my TT not really working properly it's finally come together :D
new jabbasport 2 litre engine with owens hybrid turbo+nitrous resulted in this :funk:
charlieemily144.jpg

534.5bhp/489ftlbs torque [B)]

Last edited:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Just looking at 3750rpm where your car drops 100lbft in 250rpm. Just wondered if that's just 'the graph' or how it drives

I guess from your reply you're just being a ****, so no matter

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Even Jabbasport did smooth (perhaps too smooth) graphs - I mean this is like join the dots, whereas yours looks like an oscilloscope plot.

668306-Jabbasport.jpg

caney

Apr 24, 2005
Just looking at 3750rpm where your car drops 100lbft in 250rpm. Just wondered if that's just 'the graph' or how it drives

I guess from your reply you're just being a ****, so no matter
Excuse me? Do you think i'd be happy if it drove like that! Dont call me a **** btw dont apprecaite it tbh

Last edited:

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
I knew it was a big mistake posting onhere owning a tt lol

Plenty people on here who don't own seats but don't act like bellends.

Maybe instead of jumping on the defensive, you could wow us all with your extensive knowledge of hairdressing techniques. Or just say it drives a lot smoother than the graph would suggest

caney

Apr 24, 2005
Plenty people on here who don't own seats but don't act like bellends.

Maybe instead of jumping on the defensive, you could wow us all with your extensive knowledge of hairdressing techniques. Or just say it drives a lot smoother than the graph would suggest
thanks for the belll end and hairdresser comments:D it drives much better than the graph suggests,thanks

Tom Duff

Well done :clap:. Looks like it comes on strong pretty early given the power it makes, even without the nitrous. Was it run in 4wd? The haldex kicking in and out tends to do that to the graphs.

And of course, you just need to find a manly motor to pop the engine into now.

caney

Apr 24, 2005
Well after a couple of years of my TT not really working properly it's finally come together :D
new jabbasport 2 litre engine with owens hybrid turbo+nitrous resulted in this :funk:
charlieemily144.jpg

534.5bhp/489ftlbs torque [B)]

Well done :clap:. Looks like it comes on strong pretty early given the power it makes, even without the nitrous. Was it run in 4wd? The haldex kicking in and out tends to do that to the graphs.

And of course, you just need to find a manly motor to pop the engine into now.
Hi mate its run in 2wd mode and thinking about it there was quite alot of slip especially when using the gas so that is probably causing the dips in the graph:)

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Since when do dyno graphs look smooth then?

mine do :p

Awesomes often look lumpy also, but I think its their tacho feed being the issue perhaps.. given the cars dont drive like the dyno's plot.. (makes you wonder what on earth the dyno's doing when its imagining those spikes and dips tho :confused: Accurate still with the peaks and troughs?)

What boost are you running it at steve?

Last edited:

caney

Apr 24, 2005
mine do :p

Awesomes often look lumpy also, but I think its their tacho feed being the issue perhaps.. given the cars dont drive like the dyno's plot.. (makes you wonder what on earth the dyno's doing when its imagining those spikes and dips tho :confused: Accurate still with the peaks and troughs?)

What boost are you running it at steve?
Hi Bill,turbo is an owens gt30 ihi flanged .82a/r 52lb/min comp wheel with hta billet wheel conversion running at 2 bar. 1 bar at 3500rpm and 2 bar just under 4000rpm. Owens claim up to 500bhp on this turbo with uprated cams,i am using standard cams so 465 bhp is about right and my vagcom logs would suggest this also.using gas makes it brutal and have no doubt its making over 500 horses:D whether its 535bhp? Who knows! All i know is its bloody quick:blink:

steevie wonder

The silver bullet
Apr 20, 2007
Midlands
That looks awesome caney......

My 1.9t with that GT30 IHI hybrid is madness especially only being 2wd, so yours must be absolutely f'kin wild!!!!!

Do you have methanol on yours? I do like the idea of nitrous too.....!

Steve

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.