Weitec / KW differences?

andycupra

status subject to change
hello,

im looking at either Weitec or KW 50/40 suspension. (LCR with ARBs front and rear)

The KW cost slightly more, but forgetting the price differences what are the actual differences?
I get told 'the KW are slightly better quality' which i understand, but what i am interested in is the differences in performance and ride.

In particular, does anybody know if there are any differences in the ride quality or are the kits rated the same?
Is either kit 'softer' or more 'compliant' that the other?

thanks
:)

warren_cox

Back from the dead
hello,

im looking at either Weitec or KW 50/40 suspension. (LCR with ARBs front and rear)

The KW cost slightly more, but forgetting the price differences what are the actual differences?
I get told 'the KW are slightly better quality' which i understand, but what i am interested in is the differences in performance and ride.

In particular, does anybody know if there are any differences in the ride quality or are the kits rated the same?
Is either kit 'softer' or more 'compliant' that the other?

thanks
:)

I had some Weitec Ultra GT suspension on a Mk2 Golf GTi many years ago and they were WAY more compliant than anything that I've owned that has rolled out of any VAG factory.

Yes they're firm, but settle nicely in about 1000 miles, and they rode poor roads and speed humps quite well.

Are they now owned by KW and positioned as their budget offering? I think they're very good.

Not had KW yet so can't comment on it.

andycupra

status subject to change
this is my conundrum....
KW apparently being better quality for only a little more.. but i do want a compliant ride.
Feedback seems to indicate weitec at being a nice compromise but i am struggling to get feedback on the KW and in particular a direct comparison.

Once you factor in the price of the kit, fitting, adjustments etc it seems silly not tp pay a bit more for decent kit, but i dont want to pay for a kit i wont like.

Thanks for feedback though :)

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
I have a weitec coilover kit and had a faulty rear springs, all was sorted easily but on the form to return them it listed the part number as both KW and Weitec
I was sent replacement springs in yellow (KW)
Same springs for both just powdercoated different colours for each brand
I know struts differ as KW is stainless and Weitec is galvanised