The wait is over!!! ....However... :(

watchboy

Apr 3, 2011
Greece
Finally today after waiting since 14 March 2011, my SEAT IBIZA 1.2 TDI had arrived!!!:)

However, as I had mentioned earlier I think, that the car comes so "plain" that I had to mod it. It does not comes with automatic climatronic but manual A/C, ironed wheels with wheel covers:wtf:, paid Euro700 for custom paint SPEED BLUE and.....the door latches, exterior mirror covers and rear spolier are black and not painted!!!! [:@]

Now I have asked a paintshop guy to get them painted. However he could not figure out how to remove the spolier and the door latches!!! Anyone knows how?

Thanks! :confused:

watchboy

Apr 3, 2011
Greece
5e422306-676a-f3a9.jpg

Sep 23, 2009
Bedfordshire
Nice colour bud, i would have thought it would have all come painted!

I don't know whether its the same with the MK5, but i believe you have to take the door card off to get the latches off.

watchboy

Apr 3, 2011
Greece
Nice colour bud, i would have thought it would have all come painted!

I don't know whether its the same with the MK5, but i believe you have to take the door card off to get the latches off.

Thanks! I will ask him to look into it.

Here the edition of this engine 1.2 TDI, in Greece, they offered so basic things. :( They do not even allow us to add Xenon, sunroof or alloy wheels. The color I paid, I thought it would at least paint the latches but they did not! :wtf:

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
Yeah, it's the ecomotive one isn't it, stupidly economical that engine, on routes my car gets 35mpg when driven nicely on on, the 1.2tdi was returning mid to high 50's being driven hard (well, it was a courtesy car :cartman:)
You can get replacement mirror caps in either gloss black, or you can get them ready primered for a bodyshop to spray them to match the car when they do the spoiler
no alloys just gives you an excuse to choose some sexy 18" audi/vw rims.

blessing in disguise

Last edited:

watchboy

Apr 3, 2011
Greece
Yeah, it's the ecomotive one isn't it, stupidly economical that engine, on routes my car gets 35mpg when driven nicely on on, the 1.2tdi was returning mid to high 50's being driven hard (well, it was a courtesy car :cartman:)
You can get replacement mirror caps in either gloss black, or you can get them ready primered for a bodyshop to spray them to match the car when they do the spoiler
no alloys just gives you an excuse to choose some sexy 18" audi/vw rims.

blessing in disguise

I've already bought a set of 16" BORBET LV5 wheels even before the car arrives. LOL!

big%5B2%5D-3.jpg

Yes I will get the mirror caps painted with metallic black, though I know the FR has non metallic black. Cos metallic paint is easier to care. ;)

Others things bought and to be installed:
1. Center arm rest
2. Alcantara Sport steering wheel
3. Rear boot car rubber mat
4. Ultra white bulbs and Silver vision indicator bulbs
5. Parking distance control
6. Anti-theft alarm
7. FR leather gear knob (with 6 gears indicator lmao!)
8. Short antenna
9. Tinted glass (to be installed).
10. VW Golf/Leon aluminum footrest
11. HEKO wind/rain deflector (considering?)
12. xxxx ????

lucifer666

Dec 17, 2006
Cardiff
What a lovely rim. Post some pics when uve put them on. Wish they made lightweight wheels with a bit more style

watchboy

Apr 3, 2011
Greece
What a lovely rim. Post some pics when uve put them on. Wish they made lightweight wheels with a bit more style

Thanks! I will post some pics after I order the tires and gave them all installed. Right now I am thinking of getting the bridgestone Ecopia or Micheline Energy Saver? Hmmmm?

Oh btw today I was taken by surprise to find out that tires pressure for this Eco-Motive model on the fuel cap, is QUITE high!!! 2.9 bars front and 3.0bars rear!!!!

vtxracer

Jul 25, 2009
Greece
very nice ! I like the color !

Thanks! I will ask him to look into it.

Here the edition of this engine 1.2 TDI, in Greece, they offered so basic things. :( They do not even allow us to add Xenon, sunroof or alloy wheels. The color I paid, I thought it would at least paint the latches but they did not! :wtf:

The version you have is the reference. I think that you can get get the style version with the 1.2 TDI ecomotive. Thats what the greek seat site says http://www.seat.gr/IbizaSC/exoplismos.pdf

watchboy

Apr 3, 2011
Greece
Thanks for comments.

No I'm not a member of seatclub.gr.

Today officially I started driving my IBIZA but without license plate yet. And guys you know what? I haven't ordered the tires yet so I put in the black wheels covers that i had bought...and in less than 2 hours I came home and found one cover missing!!!! WTF!!!! Searched the town and roads I had driven, made rounds and rounds and could not find!!! :(

Sigh I will order one more set again plus one more extra cover from Germany.

Below are a couple of pics which I took before I lost the cover.
bc04024e-90c6-77e4.jpg

bc04024e-90f6-04da.jpg

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.