iPod Cable with Combined USB Aux Option

stewartflight

How do you get an iPod touch to work?!? It is doing my head in!! I have the cable, it goes through the process of "syncing" but then tells me there is a error?? Any help please? Thanks in advance!

Pin Money

There have been many posts to do with the iPod cable options so a BMW cable part number 61120440812 will also provide this functionality at about half this price from BMW dealers or cheaper if you search.

Good tip, thanks blud. :D

Beenz

Sep 4, 2010
Chips n ham Wiltshire
Not sure, I know Apple changed some things when they released the iPhone/iPod Touch and as such a lot of docks would not charge the phone (iPod Classic is still OK) but they would still play music. When I got the BMW one from the dealer he said mine was an updated version (but could not specify what had changed) and would charge the current iPod/Phone range.

andrewbabz

Feb 28, 2011
hmm. i don't have the phone, only got an iPod nano (4th gen i think) not really too bothered about the charging, altho it is a plus. It does say for ipods after 2004, which mine is but who knows! Might give it a go, can always resell. For 20quid its a bargain to the Seat one!

AdrianD

Jun 9, 2011
Clacton on Sea
Just got my leads from Seat, it comes with cradle that holds the Ipod in place in the little bin behind the cup holders (2010 Cupra) connected first time, 5th gen 30gb Ipod. Headunit display show track title etc I personally think it is worth the money, but hey thats just me.

tony323ci

Lovin' it
May 15, 2011
Nottingham
hmm. i don't have the phone, only got an iPod nano (4th gen i think) not really too bothered about the charging, altho it is a plus. It does say for ipods after 2004, which mine is but who knows! Might give it a go, can always resell. For 20quid its a bargain to the Seat one!

did you buy this and did it work also looking at getting it for mine too

bought one any way only £20 can always stick it back on fleabay if it doesn't work :)

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2011
Grimsby/Birmingham
Just got my leads from Seat, it comes with cradle that holds the Ipod in place in the little bin behind the cup holders (2010 Cupra) connected first time, 5th gen 30gb Ipod. Headunit display show track title etc I personally think it is worth the money, but hey thats just me.

When a song comes on, does it start a second or 2 into the song...meaning you dont hear the very start of a song..if you get me? lol

andrewbabz

Feb 28, 2011
did you buy this and did it work also looking at getting it for mine too

bought one any way only £20 can always stick it back on fleabay if it doesn't work :)

I didn't get that one in the end, a one with the part number that we know works came up on eBay. worked out about a fiver more but still. i dont think there will be much issue really!

When a song comes on, does it start a second or 2 into the song...meaning you dont hear the very start of a song..if you get me? lol

mine does that. doesn't do it all the time though, think it just depends how much ID3 info it has to load and that

306Chris

Jan 20, 2007
yes found that out only goes back to the beginning of the one your playing other than that all good :)

Mine (with iphone 4) just selects a random song when you press back, then it seems to loose all the media until you disconnect/reconnect?

With 3GS it just goes back to the start of the song being played

tony323ci

Lovin' it
May 15, 2011
Nottingham
I have the Ipod classic and works fine just goes back to the beginning of the current song everthing else spot on easy to search for tracks albums etc also shows current track in the MFD on the dashboard really pleased with it

Told the dealer when I was in there today what a rip off the Seat one was and he said he'll tell anyone who buys a new car to buy the one from BMW :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members