K1 to R or S4

JF77

Oct 28, 2003
Derby
Visit site
I have K1 at the moment and is now 3 years old. I have seen a nice 2011 R for sale and I tempted but I said I wanted something bigger.
Should I take the plunge or wait a year until the V6 S4 avant comes into my price range?

J

CLAREBILL

i enjoyed driving the cupra R, i would recommend that espcially if it has all the gadgets.

Nov 28, 2006
The S4 is a very nice car. I'm not sure if it feels as agile as the Leon and is a lot of money. Very well built with a gorgeous interior. A mate has one as a company car.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
I have K1 at the moment and is now 3 years old. I have seen a nice 2011 R for sale and I tempted but I said I wanted something bigger.
Should I take the plunge or wait a year until the V6 S4 avant comes into my price range?

J

what year S4?
you on about the twin turbo v6?

ste-lfc

Jul 7, 2005
cheshire
I am keeping the leon now till the s4 (b8)is within budget ......12 mths hopefully....I have looked at a lot of cars lately including an R at 17k but really not worth the extra over mine.....

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Im looking at an S4 to replace my Cupra. They just don't seem to be coming down in price though :(

The V8 S5 is tempting as you can pick one of those up relatively cheap.

Theres better cars for the money than an S5 mate those things are a barge and "only" have 350hp i say only as it has to move that huge weight around. The B8 S4 charged v6 on the other hand is very nice. Has to me at least mapped though ;)

InfernalBadger

Sep 6, 2006
Berkshire
Tbh, I haven't driven one, just love the look and would like a V8, lol. I would love an S4 but they are a good £8k more expensive than the V8 S5.

Other choices are a BMW 135i or 335i coupe, they could be mapped as well I suppose to get silly power (yes, I know I could tune my Cupra up to silly power but I'm not really interested in that).

Other random option is an Evo X 330 or 360 but the running costs would just be too high I think :( Not sure I want another 2l Turbo engine either, lol.

InfernalBadger

Sep 6, 2006
Berkshire
Yeah, age is an issue, but I'm not made of money yet so can't afford a nearly new one :( Shouldn't have bought the wife a new Hyundai ix35!!

A Focus RS is 'nice' I have no interest in getting another hatchback, lol.

Sorry for the thread hijack btw, in answer to the original question, no way would I go from a K1 to a Cupra R, definitely change car! You don't live long enough to have the same car twice!

OldNick

Apr 13, 2005
Focus RS with Mountune if you can find it. Thats what I'm going for after my K1. The Cupra R is just too similair to the K1, and in some ways I dont think looks as good (or different enough!)

Nik

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
Hmm lucky boy! A second hand supercharged S4 is about £25k if IIRC. Very tempting, considering some people are paying the same, if not more for a Cupra R.

As the Focus, IMO that's a fabulous looking car, and you cant really go wrong with a Ford. You dont want an S5, there is no tuning options. You have to get a forced induction car, that way if you get bored you can get a remap...if you get bored after that, stick on an exhaust...etc etc.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.