K1 to R or S4

JF77

Oct 28, 2003
Derby
Visit site
Wow! a few replies in 24Hrs,
I think i get the jist of the comments. the old V8 S4/RS4 is just too costly to run so that why thats discounted.
I have looked at a 335i estate and, dare i say it, a 335d but they just don't have that something the Audi has. I will keep looking!

Theres always a Passat R36 or even a Phaeton W12!

Nov 28, 2006
Wow! a few replies in 24Hrs,
I think i get the jist of the comments. the old V8 S4/RS4 is just too costly to run so that why thats discounted.
I have looked at a 335i estate and, dare i say it, a 335d but they just don't have that something the Audi has. I will keep looking!

Theres always a Passat R36 or even a Phaeton W12!

Before the S4 my mate had the V8 S5 and the running costs destroyed him. It was costing him around £1k before he'd even taken it off the drive.

InfernalBadger

Sep 6, 2006
Berkshire
Before the S4 my mate had the V8 S5 and the running costs destroyed him. It was costing him around £1k before he'd even taken it off the drive.

How? I hope you're including insurance? Tbh, it can't be worse than my old RX8 and that didn't even have the power to justify it :(

You dont want an S5, there is no tuning options. You have to get a forced induction car, that way if you get bored you can get a remap...if you get bored after that, stick on an exhaust...etc etc.

There's the £20k supercharger option for over 500bhp :D

I don't really do much tuning, remapped both my leons but never done anything else to any car I've owned.

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
How? I hope you're including insurance? Tbh, it can't be worse than my old RX8 and that didn't even have the power to justify it :(

There's the £20k supercharger option for over 500bhp :D

I don't really do much tuning, remapped both my leons but never done anything else to any car I've owned.

Lol, a supercharger kit costs an additional 20k after the cost of the car? You would literally have to have more money than sense. Why not pick up a V10 RS6, simple remap alone will give it about 640bhp.

Lee M

The 'R' is a lovely looking car but I agree too similar to the cupra. The engine especially as it maps the same as the cupra.

S4 is a lovely motor but big money. I've looked about at what to change up to next and to be honest after having the K1 it's hard to decide as it sets a high benchmark for my next choice!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.