Whiteline Rear ARB - Fitting & Pics

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
Haha, well mine is tight enough for the brackets to fit flush against the beam and no more.

Im just too strong :p

Jimski

Jan 11, 2005
Barnsley
I almost did the same but realised when it was getting too tight as the bushes on the bar were deforming so loosened them off. As someone said previously, they are nyloc nuts so shouldn't move anywhere

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
Haha something like that, be interested to see how everyone else fitted it!

Just been out for a spin to get some motion lotion and i can defo feel it working its magic!

Jimski

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
I almost did the same but realised when it was getting too tight as the bushes on the bar were deforming so loosened them off. As someone said previously, they are nyloc nuts so shouldn't move anywhere

Problem i saw is that if the brackets arent sitting against the beam, your allowing the mount to 'rock' on the 'U' bolt?

Mine is tight enough for the brackets to sit flat against the beam, some deforming of the bushes, but more stable and double nutted!

Jimski

Jan 11, 2005
Barnsley
Problem i saw is that if the brackets arent sitting against the beam, your allowing the mount to 'rock' on the 'U' bolt?

Mine is tight enough for the brackets to sit flat against the beam, some deforming of the bushes, but more stable and double nutted!

Jimski

Will have another look at mine then. I think it was almost flat to the beam but it seems rock solid anyway

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Yea you just need to keep tightening them until everything feels pretty solid and the bar feels secure against the beam. It just needs to be able to swivel when the suspension is compressed. But make sure the drop links are done up properly :)

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
Sounds fair enough to me dude! Yeh i went for a drive just and it feels nice, will check tightness again in the morning (if its not raining)!!

Jimski

kriso

Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
I had mine fitted for a year and a half and never checked it apart from upping the stiffness...although I probably should have!

Lew89

Jun 17, 2011
Oxford
How much compression is in the shocks when removing the lower suspension bolt ?

My RARB is coming monday but i'm worried i wont be able to get enough force to lift it up and put the new bolt in on my driveway.

kriso

Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
They aren't really compressed and will just slowly drop down via gravity if the bolt is removed. You will need to apply a small amount of force by hand to push them back up to overcome the resistance.

But you should actually be able to hold the shock in place while you replace the bolt.

Lew89

Jun 17, 2011
Oxford
can do it by hand having a jack underneath to hold them in place would make things a bit easier though.

why didnt i think about that... Thanks i'll use a spare trolley jack with a bit of wood to keep it seated in the groove.

itfben

DsignVinyl.com
Oct 24, 2009
nr. Tunbridge Wells
ey? all fitted ow only mod that iv fitting in the time it SHOULD take rather than 5 hours extra :D seems to handle great :) iv dont without the 4 small washers and they are on the diagram but not on the item list so :S

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise