HIDs - What kind? Tips and Pics inside.

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
Hi did you get yours in Ireland or on the web? Not too much stuff to be found in Éire!

Got mine on ebay. cant remember where from exactly but im swapping my single reflector headlights for dual reflector now so getting new HID's anyway.

Ya its tough to find stuff here but ebay/HIDS4U/HIDSdirect give the best ones anyway i feel. Let us know what you go for anyway ;)

Apr 14, 2011
my drivers headlight bulb has gone so think its time you phrase to a Hid kit, got one off eBay for 35 quid delivered, is there any fitting guide for these ? or any detailed piks as I can't see to find any

cheers Tom

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
not really a HID question but a HID related question. Im converting from the single reflector bulbs to twin reflector. I bought a H7R HID kit which is 6000k. now I need a H3 bulb. im looking to get one to match the HIDs and sidelights. I realise there is no point putting a H3 HID bulb in there as flashing would wreck the bulb.

so my question is does anyone know of a H3 bulb which would match the 6000k HIDs?

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
not really a HID question but a HID related question. Im converting from the single reflector bulbs to twin reflector. I bought a H7R HID kit which is 6000k. now I need a H3 bulb. im looking to get one to match the HIDs and sidelights. I realise there is no point putting a H3 HID bulb in there as flashing would wreck the bulb.

so my question is does anyone know of a H3 bulb which would match the 6000k HIDs?

Any help at all?

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
Guildford and Bristol (uni)
What's the point in getting a main beam bulb to match HID? No one would ever see the colour difference. If you wanted halogen h3 bulb to match 6k, it'd have to be a heavy blue tinted bulb, which would significantly reduce light output.

End of the day, no point changing your mainbeam bulb to alter colour. Just go for osram nightbreakers.

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
What's the point in getting a main beam bulb to match HID? No one would ever see the colour difference. If you wanted halogen h3 bulb to match 6k, it'd have to be a heavy blue tinted bulb, which would significantly reduce light output.

End of the day, no point changing your mainbeam bulb to alter colour. Just go for osram nightbreakers.

Cos it would drive me mad knowing that the dipped beam is white and the meain beam is yellow.

I dont really min about reduced light output a the HIDs will be bright enough on their own. what colour output are the nightbreakers? iv heard very yellow.

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
Guildford and Bristol (uni)
Nightbreakers have the best light output you will find, and are generally the whitest (excluding the poor quality blue tinted bulbs).

If you have correctly aligned HIDs (H7R's), you will still need main beam bulbs (bright ones), as they should not emit light above a certain height.

Aug 31, 2010
Lurgan, Northern Ireland
I had Nightbreakers in mine before I got HID's, they're not white at all lol. Not as yellow as standard bulbs but they certainly aren't white. But still, you'd be safer just going for something like Osram Nightbreakers or Ring bulbs for the main beam to give you a good light output.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members